Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was under the impression brakes/wheels/tires from the 250 R were applied to the "new" 300 series Honda's. Turns out that the CBR 250 R front brake (ABS) had a 3 piston caliber and the CBR 300 R(ABS) has a 2 piston caliber... Can any one tell me why the change from 3 to 2 piston caliper?? Thanks...

Any advantage of one over the other???

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think the first one shows Hondas linked braking system hence two brake lines going into the caliper, I nearly got the front pads with my new rears but the dealer said the 250 pads would not fit.
Not sure about the 250 non abs though.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Simplify and add lightness?
Simplified system on the CBR300R ABS, to reduce production cost & retail price point would be my guess. I'm sure that the Combined ABS as used on the CBR250R was more expensive to produce.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the first one shows Hondas linked braking system hence two brake lines going into the caliper, I nearly got the front pads with my new rears but the dealer said the 250 pads would not fit.
Not sure about the 250 non abs though.
The pic on the left is from a 2013 250 R (ABS) the right side pic is a 2015 300 R (ABS) So both pics are ABS bikes.

One would think that 3 piston caliper would give better braking results than a 2 piston caliper...but perhaps the pistons on the 2 piston set up are a bit larger.

????

Reactions: mikal
1 - 5 of 5 Posts