Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
New rider here. I have been wondering about the 300R and if it has a slipper clutch. Does anyone here know for sure? The Honda site didn't specify if it has one. If not, does anyone know where, if at all possible, that I can obtain one? Either way thanks for your time. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
No the bike doesn't come with a slipper clutch stock but there is an aftermarket one available for the 250r and it should transfer over. But why do you want one or need one?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Because he's a new rider and he's unsure of his abilities. Or he's a racer. Or he likes to pretend he's a racer.

You don't need one Vlad. All you need is some skill. The people I know that have them don't like them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm aware of the reasons why he might want or need one but I'm asking him why he feels like he wants or needs it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason I want one is because I want to learn to ride with it so that I may eventually take the bike to PIR (Portland international raceway) and track it on the 2 days off I get a month. From what I understand having a slipper clutch will aid me on the track. Correct me with a source if I am wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Yes it could help but its not essential. I've had my 300 at the track and yes I can think of one 50MPH corner (slowest on the circuit) that you come into it off a short straight at speed and your hard under brakes and changing down three times from 6th to third. Because there is not much weight on the rear wheel due to the force of the front end braking the rear tyre chirps and fish tails when you release the clutch each time.
A bit unnerving at first but you get used to it and can control it easy enough.
In this situation a slipper clutch would minimise or possibly even eliminate the above scenario and keep the bike more stable.

I'm neither for or against as Ive never ridden a bike with a slipper clutch, but I see the Ninja 300 has one so who's to say they are only suited to big bores.

·
Registered
130 Posts
jack - why dont they like slipper clutches [just curious]..

They say that they feel a little bit of slip every time they talk off from a start.

It's minor, but I can imagine that sacrificing a really crisp start for an "advantage" I'm never going to need would bug me too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts