Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many thought that the CBR300R would simply replace the CBR250R in showrooms worldwide, but it turns out that the situation is a bit more complicated than that. Honda has strategically decided to sell both the CBR250R and the CBR300R alongside each other in certain markets, while in other markets it plans to only sell the CBR300R. Here's why.

Honda will be selling the CBR300R in countries without specific norms that call for a 250cc/lower powered bike. The CBR300R will also be sold in countries where the CBR250R is facing tough competition from bikes like the KTM Duke 200 and 390. The idea being that people see more powerful bikes as more alluring when shopping.

One market that has the CBR250R facing tough competition is the Indian market. There the CBR300R will likely replace the CBR250R. This should let Honda compete with KTM and other bike makers that are releasing bikes with slightly higher displacements than the CBR250R.

The new CBR250R should go on sale in japan at the beginning of next year.

·
Registered
532 Posts
so licencing. Are you sure? I know Europe has restrictions on new moto licences but the 300R satisfies those anyways.

Are you talking about for insurance purposes? I know Japan has special tax rebates for bikes under 250cc....

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think that certain countries offer tax incentives for small displacement bikes. That is probably what @Tooth Tiger is talking about. I am curious what the price difference between the two bikes would be in the countries where they will be sold beside each other.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would be surprised if both get sold at the same time in america

it wouldn't go so well for the 250, why would people waste their money on it when they can get the 300

·
Registered
532 Posts
no it wont be sold like this in america, land of the anything under a liter is a girls bike crowd.

TBH I wish NA would adopt a similar insurance strategy, the government howls that we need to reduce our fuel consumption so offer incentives for people to ACTUALLY reduce their fuel consumption, not just buy useless electric cars.

·
Registered
707 Posts
no it wont be sold like this in america, land of the anything under a liter is a girls bike crowd.

TBH I wish NA would adopt a similar insurance strategy, the government howls that we need to reduce our fuel consumption so offer incentives for people to ACTUALLY reduce their fuel consumption, not just buy useless electric cars.
Unfortunately america won't be that nice, with all the people that would be buying bikes because of that, who will continue to drive a gas guzzler? at the end of the day the US gov wants their money. After gas prices go up again by a lot i can see this happening

·
Registered
162 Posts
Is anyone thinking of buying the CBR 250 instead of the CBR 300? I mean it would be cheaper and the power difference is not that great.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can't find any info size-wise. Will CBR300 have a bigger frame or will it stay pretty much the same? As well, no info on the bike in the "Future Models Section" on Honda Canada...

·
Registered
532 Posts
I can't find any info size-wise. Will CBR300 have a bigger frame or will it stay pretty much the same? As well, no info on the bike in the "Future Models Section" on Honda Canada...
first off welcome aboard!

CBR300 is the same bike as 250, just lengthened the stroke I believe...

·
Registered
528 Posts
its the same frame

just new plastics and the motor is modified for extra displacement.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts