Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a cbr300 I think cbr300r 2015 I beleave none abs because of the f in the vin I knew I needed a new piston but found rhe wire harness was cut it seems to do the main wires and idk if I can just splice them back toghter or if I have to no go buy a new harness? If anyone knows where I should go from here I'd appreciate the help thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
The wire repair depends on how bad the damage is and the quality of any repair that would take place. If the entire harness is cut and your repair is not painstaking in its application, then you are asking for a headache and likely tracing a potential no start/ poor running condition back to the loom. In that case I would try to track down another wiring harness.

On the other hand if you really take care of matching the correct wires, splicing with enough extra to account for movement in the harness where its needed, and properly seal it and heat shrink it you stand to save the cost of a new harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the damage is in one place it looks like s clean cut i belwave i have enough wire, I mean I guess it's worth a shot to try to fix it at home rather then buy a new harness I've found z site that sells them but if I could save 400 dollars that would be amazing thanks for your help

·
Registered
2017 Honda CB300FAH (ABS)
21 Posts
You can tell if your bike has ABS by looking at the wheel. If there's a slotted disk inside the brake rotor, it's got ABS. If there's no slotted disk, there's no ABS. Here's a photo of the front wheel of my 2017 CB300FAH that has ABS so you can see what I'm talking about.

Good luck with your repair. I assume you know there's a significant warranty recall on 2015 and 16s for the crankshaft. Be sure to check whether you're covered for a free repair. Good luck with your wiring harness. Have a great Christmas and New Year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts