Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More details from EICMA, Honda Press Release
2014 HONDA CBR300R model updates and tech specs, CBR250R upgrade | Rush Lane

The CBR300R’s DOHC 4-valve engine retains its 76mm bore, but stroke is increased 8mm to 63mm to give a larger 286cc capacity. Compression ratio remains 10.7:1 and peak power of 30.44 HP arrives at 8,500rpm with peak torque of 19.9 lb-ft at 7,250rpm a modest increase from the CBR250R’s output (26 hp @ 8,500rpm, 17.5 lb-ft @ 7,000rpm

Countering extra vibration from the longer stroke, the balancer shaft is heavier and the engine’s frame mounts are stronger.

So CBR300 is expected to vibrate more?

six-speed gearbox’s final drive ratio has been lengthened for more efficient highway cruising. Returning 30.2km/L, it can cover over 390km on one fill-up of the 13-litre fuel tank.

thats what, 71mpg?

The riding position has been subtly altered – while seat height remains 785mm, ground reach has been improved with a narrower, re-shaped seat.

might be harder on the bum, I don't think the pegs have been altered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope that this extra vibration for the CBR300 isn't too much. It can get uncomfortable after a while if it moves around too much.

I don't really get the seat either. How is the shape different from others?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I hope that this extra vibration for the CBR300 isn't too much. It can get uncomfortable after a while if it moves around too much.

Being uncomfortable on a bike like this will be bad, some people will be using it on a daily basis for commuting and some even going on long distance riding. They NEED to make it comfortable.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

its narrower... so you're more wedged on instead of seated on... I'm not sure, I'm sure the ergos are going to be nearly identical to the CBR250...

·
Registered
707 Posts
its narrower... so you're more wedged on instead of seated on... I'm not sure, I'm sure the ergos are going to be nearly identical to the CBR250...
Thats what i heard somewhere else too. it's wont be significantly different from the 250's design but still different,

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm sure that if you are unhappy with the seat you would be able to find a replacement or some way to make it more comfortable. Hopefully Honda didn't change the seat making it worse. Any changes Honda made to the bike was surely meant to make it better (more comfortable.)

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm sure that if you are unhappy with the seat you would be able to find a replacement or some way to make it more comfortable. Hopefully Honda didn't change the seat making it worse. Any changes Honda made to the bike was surely meant to make it better (more comfortable.)
Yeah for sure. If it's really uncomfortable im sure owners of the CBR300's will be able to push a vendor on the forums to make one and start a group buy.

·
Registered
528 Posts
not a bad thing that the seat is narrower. at least for smaller riders like me. gives me a better grip of things. and easier for short riders as you will have a better chance of flat footing both feet.

·
Registered
707 Posts
not a bad thing that the seat is narrower. at least for smaller riders like me. gives me a better grip of things. and easier for short riders as you will have a better chance of flat footing both feet.
Good point, that would make it more suitable to a wider range of riders. My guess is that it will be the odd few that will find the need to get a different seat installed to make riding better for them.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well if you are a really big guy it might feel awkward.

but if you are a really big guy. Riding a 250 or 300 will be awkward in general.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts