Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is what I read on CBR300 pricing. Not sure if it's backed by official info from Honda but it sounds just about right to me.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
This is what I read on CBR300 pricing. Not sure if it's backed by official info from Honda but it sounds just about right to me.
I'd assume that this site Honda CBR 300 | New 2014 Honda CBR 300 | New 300 cc CBR By Honda | Honda CBR 300 vs Ninja 300 is the source of your info Ortega (it's generally a good idea to post a link to the source of information that you are quoting, particularly when starting a new thread).

Doing the math: (using the figures from that site)

2013 CBR250R ............... MSRP $4199 USD (non ABS*)

2014 CBR300R ............... MSRP $4899 USD (non ABS*) Estimated

So far so good... but their claim that the 300R will be $2000 less than the CBR500R is where the math becomes "fuzzy" and doesn't add up...

2013 CBR500R ............... MSRP $5999 USD (non ABS*)

2014 CBR500R ............... MSRP $6299 USD (non ABS*)

* Add $500 to MSRP for ABS versions.

So as you can see, the price difference between the 2014 CBR300R and the 2014 CBR500R should be closer to $1400 USD, not $2000.

On a side note: Assuming that the '13 CBR250R's will be discounted, possibly as much as $500 USD, that would put a '13 CBR250R about $1200 less than the new 300R... Food for thought.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think that Honda did a really great job of pricing the CBR250 and CBR300. I would consider buying either one (after a test drive). Both are affordable and great value. I wouldn't expect either the CBR250 or the CBR300 to be priced any lower than this. That is about the same as most of Honda's competitors in this segment, right?

·
Registered
532 Posts
so $5+ OTD for CBR300, not bad... has anyone seen US confirmation yet? Anyone been out to the Moto shows and seen 300 lurking about??

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so $5+ OTD for CBR300, not bad... has anyone seen US confirmation yet? Anyone been out to the Moto shows and seen 300 lurking about??
I haven't seen anything TBH.
I think they're lacking here, they need to give us more info, even if it's just little bits to keep the momentum going

·
Registered
528 Posts
IF the 250s are really discounted $500 or more it will be hard to pass it up. I wonder how much it cost to just buy the parts to make the 250 a 300.

From a design perspective the CBR300 has some good differences compared to the CBR250. I was never a huge fan of the headlights on the 250

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
IF the 250s are really discounted $500 or more it will be hard to pass it up. I wonder how much it cost to just buy the parts to make the 250 a 300.
Buying all the 300R bodywork alone would cost a tidy sum... the big bucks would be in swapping in the stroked 286cc crankshaft, which would entail a complete engine teardown. And the price of the 300R muffler/Cat Con won't be cheap either. My guess would be about $2200 to $2500 total for parts and labor when it's all said and done, maybe $1500 in parts alone if you did the engine tear down yourself.

No doubt it would be far less expensive to just buy a 300R in the first place, if that is the bike you really want. That said, the 250R is a great little motorcycle and if they are discounted (as I suspect they will be), people who want an inexpensive bike will buy them up... particularly for those who just want a nice, fun bike to ride.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess if they want to they can discount some of the initial sales to get a nice jump start in sales, but would they need it? I doubt it.

I guess discounts will be possible through negotiation, if you're good.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Most Honda dealers were able to sell the CBR250R & RA for it's full MSRP*. On top of the MSRP, many dealers added anywhere from $500 to $800 for freight & set-up. Then there is TT&L (Tax, Title, & License) on top of all that. Also there is insurance... at the very least you need to have liability coverage (full coverage if you are financing the bike). Buying a brand new bike is never cheap.

* I would expect the same to be true for the 300R.

·
Registered
532 Posts
other than the integrated belly pan on 300R and the dual lamps theres really no difference. Guaranteed you put most people on a 250R and 300R back to back and they will barely notice the difference in power.

I mean whats the story on the 300, just a bit more in the mid range no?

so realistically if you can get on a 250R with even $1K knocked off you're laughing.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
other than the integrated belly pan on 300R and the dual lamps theres really no difference. Guaranteed you put most people on a 250R and 300R back to back and they will barely notice the difference in power.

I mean whats the story on the 300, just a bit more in the mid range no?

so realistically if you can get on a 250R with even $1K knocked off you're laughing.
I guess that's the case. I still think there will be a noticeable difference, but people should still sense CBR250 DNA in the CBR300 by a lot. still got to wait for the reviews,

·
Registered
528 Posts
Buying all the 300R bodywork alone would cost a tidy sum... the big bucks would be in swapping in the stroked 286cc crankshaft, which would entail a complete engine teardown. And the price of the 300R muffler/Cat Con won't be cheap either. My guess would be about $2200 to $2500 total for parts and labor when it's all said and done, maybe $1500 in parts alone if you did the engine tear down yourself.

No doubt it would be far less expensive to just buy a 300R in the first place, if that is the bike you really want. That said, the 250R is a great little motorcycle and if they are discounted (as I suspect they will be), people who want an inexpensive bike will buy them up... particularly for those who just want a nice, fun bike to ride.
any idea how much it cost to bore out a 250 to 300cc??

And how much power they make?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts