Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y'all think slip ons for the 250 will be compatible with the 300... I'm assuming the exhaust system is the same naturally considering the rest of the bike is identical besides the cylinders being punched out....

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Y'all think slip ons for the 250 will be compatible with the 300... I'm assuming the exhaust system is the same naturally considering the rest of the bike is identical besides the cylinders being punched out....
Aftermarket slip on exhausts made for the CBR250R should bolt right up to both the head pipe and passenger footrest bracket on the 300R.

There are at least a few 250R owners interested in the stock 300R muffler, so for those who decide to go with an aftermarket unit on their 300R's, it shouldn't be difficult to resell the stock mufflers.

Reactions: shisoshin

·
Registered
707 Posts
Aftermarket slip on exhausts made for the CBR250R should bolt right up to both the head pipe and passenger footrest bracket on the 300R.

There are at least a few 250R owners interested in the stock 300R muffler, so for those who decide to go with an aftermarket unit on their 300R's, it shouldn't be difficult to resell the stock mufflers.
good to know that, sure seems like this and some others parts will be interchangeable between the two bikes. what else do you think will be interchangeable?

·
Registered
19 Posts
good to know that, sure seems like this and some others parts will be interchangeable between the two bikes. what else do you think will be interchangeable?
Fender eliminators, seats, rearsets, tail lights, luggage racks, tank protectors, etc. Anything not changed by the facelift.

·
Registered
528 Posts

why would they want 300 stock mufflers? people want stock mufflers? :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
why would they want 300 stock mufflers? people want stock mufflers? :p
Because they're quite, and don't look like some kind of club that a caveman might use.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts

Hopefully what you say is true when i get mine I'll be looking in to replacing it with a aftermarket slip on. It would be ncie to get some money back for the stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Yeah it's a pretty ugly stock cannon.

Might as well save up yourself for an aftermarket slip on or even a full exhaust with headers.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a good slip on doesn't even have to be that expensive. Ebay you can find one for a couple hundred bucks...

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
a good slip on doesn't even have to be that expensive. Ebay you can find one for a couple hundred bucks...
there are good ones that pop up here and there on ebay but i would stay away from the china or replicas. Most of the times the baffles or packing gives out or even worst if the welds don't hold up.

·
Registered
528 Posts
you dont have to buy a new one.

get a reputable exhaust that is used.

no doubt the cheaply made ones aren't going to last as long.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea used is a good suggestion as well. But I don;t know how easy its going to be to find a good used exhaust competing against all the CBR250 guys and guys looking for one on the cheap for 300...

·
Registered
707 Posts
yea used is a good suggestion as well. But I don;t know how easy its going to be to find a good used exhaust competing against all the CBR250 guys and guys looking for one on the cheap for 300...
that is very true, seems like we'll just have to wait for these bikes to hit the new bike market and the new owners to start modifying them.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
It's true once they get sold aftermarket companies will be mass producing slip ons to ship out. There no question on the aftermarket support, when I bought my cbr125 I was surprised to find so much accessories available.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts