Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I'm not sure what this is about, but don't they sell the Ninja 250 and 300 in india as well? could be a tit for tat move?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think that the Indian market has enough interest in lower displacement bikes that both the 250 and the 300 can do well there. They are going to be selling side by side, no?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Do we have any Indian members on the site? I feel like people in India must be happy about this news. I would take it as a good sign for their economy if they think there is enough demand for both models.

·
Registered
707 Posts
No one I noticed, however I know their economy is on the rise and doing good if this bike doesn't make it their right away im sure it will eventually.

·
Registered
528 Posts
there are probably alot of lurkers from india
but the cbr300 is not released yet in india
is the cbr250 even released in india?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Likely it will, just a matter of time from how I see it, eventually we should hear about it making it's appearance in other nations

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
The CBR300R is actually available for purchase right now in Thailand.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I didn't know that the CBR 300 was released there already. I take it that it has been received well?

The Thai love motorcycles so I bet that there are some cool custom ones that are floating around the internet. I couldn't find much with a Google search though. Maybe they haven't had it there long enough.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I seen what tuners did with the Grom in thailand which was epic, it leaves me interested to see what they do to the CBR300.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I believe the CBR300R only just recently became available there... I'm also thinking that the current political unrest happening in Thailand might possibly be putting a slight damper on such things as new domestic motorcycle sales... but that's just a guess.

Hopefully with all that is going on there, it won't cause any further delays in terms of Thai Honda Mfg. Co. being able to export the CBR300R (as well as the CBR650F) to N.A. and Europe. That would certainly be a big blow to sales if getting those bikes loaded up on ships somehow become an issue. In fact, given the typical timeline for sea shipments, in order for U.S. dealers to have CBR300R's on their showroom floors by August, those bikes would need to be loading onto ships right about now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it even worth it for them to sell both 250R and 300R? I think they should just chop the 250R
I think Honda will surely scrap off the 250R. 300R was supposed to come to India by Nov-Dec 2014 but Honda delayed the launch. Not sure what the reasons are. They have announced 10 new bikes/scooters will be launched this year and surely 300R has to be one of them. No dates yet.

Kawasaki scrapped off the Ninja 250. They now sell the 300 and Z250. Honda will likely do the same I guess.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts