Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you think the Duke 390 will compare to the CBR300?

The Duke will be more expensive, also lighter. Will be a tad bit quicker in a straight line.

here is a Ninja 300 shootout with the Duke 390 for reference.

KTM Duke 390 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300 Shootout | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

It's a great read. Check it out..

Verdict - and the winner is… the Kawasaki Ninja 300. Who saw that coming? Yes the Duke 390 has better hardware, far better brakes and is tremendous bang for the buck but the Ninja 300 is an almost faultless bike (save for the lack of ABS and price there isn’t much going wrong with the Kwacker). The Duke 390 is a terrific product, it’s fast, nimble and surefooted but it somehow doesn’t tingle the emotional senses like the Ninja 300 manages to do. However the Kawasaki Ninja 300 costs a whooping Rs. 3.94 lakhs, while the KTM Duke 390 costs Rs. 2.07 lakhs (all prices on-road, Mumbai) and for sheer value alone, the Duke 390 wins our vote.
The Kawasaki Ninja 300 edges ahead of the KTM Duke 390 as a better engineered product but the Duke 390′s value for money quotient simply can’t be ignored. At Rs. 1.87 lakhs less than the Ninja 300, the Duke 390 is terrific value and a real pocket-rocket for Indian bikers.

Read more at KTM Duke 390 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300 Shootout | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

·
Registered
707 Posts
And they picked the Ninja 300......I still think the CBR300 is a great bike, the KTM might be a better bike in some ways but there just isn't as much support for it as the CBR300.

·
Registered
532 Posts
so where does CBR300 fit in here? I also don't get how they chose the Ninjette over the Duke 390. They gush on and on about the Duke and then say oh but the Kawi tingles emotions... LOL SHURE

Duke 390
$6,495
44 hp
26 lb/ft
320 lbs (wet)
7.27 lbs/HP

Ninja 300
$4,999
34.7 hp
17.45 lb-ft
385 lbs (wet)
11.09 lbs/HP

'ell lets throw in the Duke 200
US$2443 to US$2819
200cc
25 hp
299.8 lbs
11.92 lbs/HP

Keep in mind all the Duke models come with four piston brembos up front and 2 pistons in the rear, not to mention a full white power suspension all the way around...

Ninja can't do none of this ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be very interesting to see how editors compare the Ninja 300 or CBR300

Personally I think you cant loose on either

I actually cant wait for CBR300 vs CBR250 videos and comparos.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It will be very interesting to see how editors compare the Ninja 300 or CBR300

Personally I think you cant loose on either

I actually cant wait for CBR300 vs CBR250 videos and comparos.
It won't be much of a comparo, the cylinders were punched out so what. I mean they can show us the CBR300 accelerates .1 seconds faster and actually has a noticeable midrange, but otherwise its the same bike...

·
Registered
707 Posts
How I see it there's both pro's and con's to the CBR300 and CBR250. some people are going to say save your money and get a slightly used 250, at the same time some might say to get the CBR300 because it's new, up to date and not as dinky looking.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Its a good comparison between the two bikes. I think that the KTM Duke 390 is a bit better on most fronts but it also costs a bit more so that makes sense. I don't really see many KTMs around though. Do they have a good dealer network?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Its a good comparison between the two bikes. I think that the KTM Duke 390 is a bit better on most fronts but it also costs a bit more so that makes sense. I don't really see many KTMs around though. Do they have a good dealer network?
Not in the US. The Duke is the bike KTM is intending to change that. They're now teamed up with Bajaj which has streamlined their manufacturing and injected some serious cash into the company. The Dukes and RCs are kind of KTMs coming out party. For the most part they've been relegated to niche brand...

·
Registered
203 Posts
But where are KTMS sold? Do they have their own dealers, or do they have a partnership with another brand? KTM can have great products but if you can't find them anywhere to buy, what is the point?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I know there are dealers that sell them which you can get KTM's through but it might be a wait for a KTM bike and even parts when you need it. Better to go with something more mainstream IMO

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you should be able to find local dealers through the website

there arent any actual KTM dealer by me
Just general motorcycle dealerships that carry KTM

·
Registered
707 Posts
you should be able to find local dealers through the website

there arent any actual KTM dealer by me
Just general motorcycle dealerships that carry KTM
that's what i've come across no actual KTM dealers that just carry KTM bikes, that will be a rare sighting.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
KTM is usually like Ducati or Aprilia

Resold through dealers

They dont have actual dealerships most of the time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts