Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
In some ways the two bikes look very similar, but I still prefer the CBR300. I just think that the body paneling and graphics on the CBR300 look better than what is going on with this Yamaha bike. The back end of the Yamaha looks really big to me. I also like how the front of the CBR300 looks a bit more rounded as opposed to the Yamaha which is a bit more pointed.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not always, theres no blanket statement you can make to cover all the segments the two compete in. For example the CBR600RR is more expensive than the R6 pretty much globally.

Actually speaking of the CBR600RR, anyone see the resemblance between the R25 and the RR???

really liking the reverse rake headlamps on both to be honest, supposedly its also better for airflow...

·
Registered
707 Posts
That point about airflow probably explains for why they also have that big cut in the center. I'd like to see some video of them explaining and showing how it's aerodynamics work.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I really like those videos that show the aerodynamics of vehicles or bikes when they use the smoke in order to show where the air is going. Do they make videos like that about motorcycles?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I couldn't find any videos like the ones you are talking about @late shift but the picture above basically shows you what the aerodynamics are of the cbr300. It is going to look pretty much identical to the cbr600.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That point about airflow probably explains for why they also have that big cut in the center. I'd like to see some video of them explaining and showing how it's aerodynamics work.
thats an intake. Optimaize airflow and it force feeds the intake with little effort.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So that air intake is to cool the engine? Or is it more for aerodynamics to let air through the vehicle instead of creating resistance.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I couldn't find any videos like the ones you are talking about @late shift but the picture above basically shows you what the aerodynamics are of the cbr300. It is going to look pretty much identical to the cbr600.
this picture has nothing to do with CBR300...

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
do you guys seriously not know how or what intakes are?
Some of that air is diverted through a duct lined with a special Unobtainium/Kryptonite alloy, and directed to the Flux Capacitor for operation at speeds above 88 MPH... yup, read that on the internet.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some of that air is diverted through a duct lined with a special Unobtainium/Kryptonite alloy, and directed to the Flux Capacitor for operation at speeds above 88 MPH... yup, read that on the internet.
yes but will it make the jump to hyperspace or will I have to look at the 500?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts