Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like its predecessor the CBR250, the CBR300 will be built in Thailand and sold worldwide. That is likely to include India this time, which is a good move since India is a huge market with plenty of demand for bikes.

Honda has done well in the lower end of the market in India, but has had less success in the higher end. The CBR300 will hopefully fix this.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
So Honda India won't be building a 300R as they did with the 250R?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thailand is great for making bikes. So is India, so either way i'm happy with it. If they manufactured in India they could sell the bikes in India and avoid a lot of import taxes though. I think that is why a lot of companies are moving production to India.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thailand is great for making bikes. So is India, so either way i'm happy with it. If they manufactured in India they could sell the bikes in India and avoid a lot of import taxes though. I think that is why a lot of companies are moving production to India.
Isn't KTM based out of India?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Still wish these were built in Japan, but now it seems like the higher end bikes are the one's being built in their homeland while mainstream cheaper models are built elsewhere.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It makes sense to do that I think. The cheaper bikes will sell better in India, and producing them there cuts down on tariffs. The larger bikes don't sell nearly as well there, and they probably want more quality control and just the idea of it being manufactured in a more developed country.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just wonder if the CBR300 is built in Thailand if the price will be the same as the CBR250 since its cheaper to manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Yeah I have been hearing lots about that. India is slowly rising up like how China did in the 90s I feel that is where they are at right now. I believe majority of the bikes now or coming for 2014 and 2015 will be manufactured there. And they will be supplying bikes to Europe too.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yeah I have been hearing lots about that. India is slowly rising up like how China did in the 90s I feel that is where they are at right now. I believe majority of the bikes now or coming for 2014 and 2015 will be manufactured there. And they will be supplying bikes to Europe too.
This is just the end result of an endless supply of factories where people work for super low wages. I guess it's better this happened now than later.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is just the end result of an endless supply of factories where people work for super low wages. I guess it's better this happened now than later.
I think that this is a phase of development that most countries go through though. It happened to Britain during the Industrial Revolution, and then to China in the 90s, and now to India in the 2010s.

I don't associate India with poor quality manufacturing like I do China though. I don't know if that is a warranted bias I have or if there is just more criticism of China which affects my opinion.

·
Registered
528 Posts
India and China are both growing very rapidly

Sometimes I wonder if I should move there

Then i realize it looks like this

1 - 20 of 40 Posts