Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm still up in the air if I'm going new 300 or used 250 or even KTM for that matter. But what i do know is that If i do end up with a CBR I'm going to pick up some nice race bodywork. Well at least the tail section and maybe the belly pan.

Hotbodies has the tail piece going for $155 and the lower for $190... Maybe If i pick up a 250 this is where the money saved will go ;)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you planning on riding on the street?
I am, the tail piece is just to clean up the rear end and eliminate the passenger seat. I'll have to work something out to re integrate the tail light and signals, but that should be simple enough with the stock wires and a couple LEDs.

·
Registered
707 Posts
So I'm still up in the air if I'm going new 300 or used 250 or even KTM for that matter. But what i do know is that If i do end up with a CBR I'm going to pick up some nice race bodywork. Well at least the tail section and maybe the belly pan.

Hotbodies has the tail piece going for $155 and the lower for $190... Maybe If i pick up a 250 this is where the money saved will go ;)
Not a bad way to spend $345, this is what should become available for the CBR300 one day

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Not a bad way to spend $345, this is what should become available for the CBR300 one day
That Hotbodies race tail section should bolt right up to the rear frame of the 300R, as it has the same frame as the current 250R. That said, the Hotbodies race tail is intended to be for track use only, and as such you would have to make a lot of modifications to it in order to fit a tail light, turn signals, license plate bracket & light for street use. As far as the lower cowl piece, it seems to me that the stock 300R unit looks very much like the Hotbodies lower cowl, so there wouldn't be much point in changing it.

but is a 250 with those pieces nicer or is the 300 nicer the way it is? :D
IMO, both the 250R & 300R look fine the way they are in stock form.

On the other hand, if you plan on building either bike strictly for race/track day use that's a different story, as then the ultimate goal is weight reduction... removing all those stock parts on the rear of the bike and installing the something like the Hotbodies race tail will shed quite a bit of weight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just to add, eliminating the rear seat isn't too much of a feat; Honda offers a cowl as an accessory. The rear fender can be easily taken care of with a fender eliminator.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea I've seen the honda cowl, but the hot bodies tail piece is shorter than the stock rear section. I'm not too worried about mocking up the Hotbodies tail to work with lights and plate braket. Its hollow on the side so I'll just run the stock wires through and I'll find some colored LEDs to use for brakes and signals, I'll probably look for something circular like this so it'll only need a little drilling out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts