Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of upgrading my wife's bike to have abs. I have completed a full list of parts that I need and before you say "why don't you buy an abs..." because the wife loves her bike and refuses to change to another one. So on to my question about wheels, what are the differences if any in the abs vs non abs wheels? I see that the part numbers are different that Honda lists for front especially as if you have one that lists as abs it shows as not fitting a non abs bike. Not so much with the rear as it show it works on both abs and non abs no matter the part number. Appears there are several part numbers due to paint codes but I am unsure if it has extra room for the tone ring or extra holes or neither? If anyone could shed some light on this I would be thankful. Thanks all!

Registered
Just buy an abs model.

Now that that's out of the way 馃槄 I would guess your best bet would be to compare the two in person. I'm going to take a guess that no one here has done the switcharoo, but I'd also hazard that it should be pretty interchangeable (to keep costs down at the factor).

(also, what's the urge to really press forward with abs, if she's already riding and loves the bike?)

Registered
It sounds either very brave or very foolhardy, depending on a couple of different factors.

May be cheaper and easier to get rid of the wife. See if you can trade her in on a bike with ABS factory installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts