Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda has announced that the CBR300R will arrive in Australian showrooms in July. It also has released pricing for the Australian market.

In its base version, without ABS, the CBR300R will be offered for $5,699 (AUS). The ABS version can be had for a modest increase in price. It will sell for $5,999 (AUS).

The last thing I'll say about this is that the non-ABS CBR300R can be ordered in black or red, while the ABS version gets the additional option of the iconic HRC Tri Color livery.

I saw that there is a new Aussie member on the site. So this should be good news for you!

Honda CBR300R Announced for Australia

·
Registered
24 Posts
The non-ABS price of $5700 AUS converts to approximately $5300 in US dollars.

A little higher than I had hoped, since it's basically replacing a $4200 US bike here.

Perhaps the US price will be lower for some reason.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Interesting I was actually just talking about the RC's on another forum with an Aussie, he reckons (based on the Duke) that RC is going to come in $8-8,500 for the 390 ... Honda is going to have a real price advantage... Although i do wonder is Aus will be getting the RC200...

how big is the 1.4 liter market in Australia/NZ?

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Interesting I was actually just talking about the RC's on another forum with an Aussie, he reckons (based on the Duke) that RC is going to come in $8-8,500 for the 390 ... Honda is going to have a real price advantage... Although i do wonder is Aus will be getting the RC200...

how big is the 1.4 liter market in Australia/NZ?
1/4 liter market is healthy in Australia... lots of members on CBR250.net from 'down under'.

$8000 - $8500 AUD sounds about right for the KTM RC390... of course it's not comparable in any real way to the 300 cc class bikes. Based on it's weight & horsepower/torque spec's, the RC390 should handily out perform the Honda CBR500R. I believe the KTM RC390 will reside in a class/category of it's own.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I haven't heard much about KTMs breaking down or anything, but I imagine that if you did run into a problem, it might be a longer wait for parts to come in compared to Honda.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
The non-ABS price of $5700 AUS converts to approximately $5300 in US dollars.

A little higher than I had hoped, since it's basically replacing a $4200 US bike here.

Perhaps the US price will be lower for some reason.
I'm sure that the US MSRP for the CBR300R will be lower than $5300. If you look at the AU to US price difference for the CBR250R, it didn't follow the AUD to USD currency conversion* either... the US MSRP for the CBR250R was priced almost $1200 less than the same bike in AU, and that's after doing the currency conversion.

* Currency conversions throughout the world do not always relate in a directly proportionate way to retail prices for consumer goods. In the case of Australia, buyers of new motor vehicles in that country pay much higher prices than what buyers of the same vehicle in the US do. No doubt high shipping costs play a significant role in the higher costs of new motor vehicles in Australia. In fact, in a similar way there is a pricing differential which exists between Alaska and the lower 48 states for motor vehicles (and most other consumer goods) due to higher shipping costs.

Reactions: Cropper

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
basically the same reason as why things cost more in Hawaii or Alaska. The other part of it is that everything in Australia costs more, but that is relative to their income.

It doesn't seem to me that the Australians are too upset about the price. I think its reasonable for them.

·
Registered
707 Posts
It almost seems like they just want to see good products show up and don't mind paying a bit more for them if they have to

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
It almost seems like they just want to see good products show up and don't mind paying a bit more for them if they have to
... that, and they simply don't manufacture any cars, trucks, and motorcycles in Australia. Every type of vehicle has to be imported. And it is a smaller market than North America or Europe.

·
Registered
162 Posts
... that, and they simply don't manufacture any cars, trucks, and motorcycles in Australia. Every type of vehicle has to be imported. And it is a smaller market than North America or Europe.
Do you think that makes motorcycles more popular there? If cars are more expensive generally, and the weather stay since more of the year too, it may make more sense economically for many people to buy a motorcycle rather than a car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On the topic of Australia, I have always found it weird that they are the only place that has a liking for utes. Funny looking cars they are.

Holden is shutting down production in Australia though. They are n't going to have any domestic production anymore. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are pretty upset about it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
that is unfortunate, i know they like big, high output engines and that would really piss them off for the loss of production and that vehicle no longer being sold.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts