Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
direct bolt on between mounting point and stock pegs..
options for 40 or 30mm upwards and rearwards..
replacement shift rod included in kit
but need to re-use stock retaining nuts..
take care removing nuts/reapplying to longer rod..

moves feet upwards and rearward for better [imo]
ergonomics.. slightly more flexure of hip joints and knees
with better feel of thighs into tank and seat sides
[thus better control] allowing natural lift of heels
for good contact of balls of feet on pets..
also moves toes further away from the road
generally and while forward/down before and
after shifting etc..

honda designs ergonomics for the 'average' rider..
this is just an option for lifting pegs up and rearward
if that suits your ergonomics..

they were so worthwhile on [stolen] cbr250r that i ordered
another set before buying her replacement cbr300r..

they are well made and fit perfectly [and look it]..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do these further the distance between the pegs and the controls? I dont have that big of feet but its hard working my feet around the cramped spaces between rear brake and shifter. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do these further the distance between the pegs and the controls? I dont have that big of feet but its hard working my feet around the cramped spaces between rear brake and shifter. Anyone else have this problem?
brake and shifter stay the same position.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
No. With these rear set mounting plates, the shift pedal and brake pedal move with their respective foot peg. So the distance between the shift & brake pedals and their foot pegs remains the same.

It sounds like you may be riding with your feet too far forward on the pegs... you should be positioning your feet so that the ball of the foot is on the peg. Not only does this foot position give you better overall control of the bike, but when it's time to shift gears or use the rear brake, you simply move your foot forward to do so. If on the other hand you are riding with your arch or heel on the peg, you'd have to move your foot to the rear, then move it forward to shift or brake, which ends up being a needless extra movement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, I ordered some yesterday.
Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead, but did you have any issues with the hose that attaches to the top of the master brake cylinder? I was trying to install the brackets today and the pinching kinda worries me. I know the hose leading to the reservoir has to be trimmed, but I haven't seen any mention of the one from MC being too short.

here's a pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead, but did you have any issues with the hose that attaches to the top of the master brake cylinder? I was trying to install the brackets today and the pinching kinda worries me. I know the hose leading to the reservoir has to be trimmed, but I haven't seen any mention of the one from MC being too short.

here's a pic:
Yes, I think I had to cut an inch off to prevent the hose from pinching.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I think I had to cut an inch off to prevent the hose from pinching.
Just to be sure we're on the same page- from what I understand, the red arrow is pointing to the hose the instructions say needs to be trimmed. I believe that is the one you are talking about.

However, my concern is about the hose pointed to by the blue arrow. When I try and install the rear set on the highest position, this hose is pulled tight (as shown in the first picture I posted).

Do you remember having any issues with that hose? Thanks for your reply btw, I really appreciate the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to be sure we're on the same page- from what I understand, the red arrow is pointing to the hose the instructions say needs to be trimmed. I believe that is the one you are talking about.

However, my concern is about the hose pointed to by the blue arrow. When I try and install the rear set on the highest position, this hose is pulled tight (as shown in the first picture I posted).

Do you remember having any issues with that hose? Thanks for your reply btw, I really appreciate the help!
Sorry didnt look at the first picture closely.

I never even tried the highest position but I see from the picture what you are talking about.
The answer to your question is I didnt have issues with the brake hose because I never tried the highest position.
I looked closely at my bike and dont think there would be a problem.
Cant say much more about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry didnt look at the first picture closely.

I never even tried the highest position but I see from the picture what you are talking about.
The answer to your question is I didnt have issues with the brake hose because I never tried the highest position.
I looked closely at my bike and dont think there would be a problem.
Cant say much more about it.
No worries thanks just the same!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts