Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
I spoke to a source a American Honda Motor Co. earlier today on another matter, and asked about the status of the CBR300R for the U.S. market. I was told that for this year, AHMC will continue with the 2013 CBR250R, and that at the present time there are no plans for a 2014 CBR300R this year in the U.S. market.

So there you go...

Reactions: Cropper

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I spoke to a source a American Honda Motor Co. earlier today on another matter, and asked about the status of the CBR300R for the U.S. market. I was told that for this year, AHMC will continue with the 2013 CBR250R, and that at the present time there are no plans for a 2014 CBR300R this year in the U.S. market.

So there you go...
Makes enough sense. I mean production was pushed back by 9 months, we're already at the end of February, which means the plant wont begin spooling up for 300R until November/December '14...

Thanks for the info Mike, appreciate the hunting!

·
Registered
528 Posts

So there you go...
interesting

well that sucks for those who are waiting for the 300. good one honda :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
interesting

well that sucks for those who are waiting for the 300. good one honda :rolleyes:
I think it's worth pointing out here that American Honda Motor Co. didn't have anything to do with all the hype that has been generated ever since the CBR300R was first unveiled at the motorcycle show in China last fall. AHMC never uttered a single word about the CBR300R. Unlike Honda UK, AHMC didn't do any kind of "Coming Soon" promo for the 300R.

Sorry, but much of the responsibility for the often over the top hype falls on the Indian bike press, who were practically pissing their pants over the very thought of this bike, and other media outlets including... wait for it... wait for it... this very CBR300forum.com website. IMO, this website was launched far to soon. One would think that the owners of the site would have tried to time the website launch a little closer to the actual arrival of the bike in dealerships. As it is right now, and likely for at least the next nine months, this site will not have enough membership activity to attract paying advertisers.

Just don't tell Ortega... this website is really going to need him to keep the CBR300R candle burning over the coming Spring, Summer, and Fall. As for me, I'm going to be out putting some miles on my little fleet of Honda motorbikes. I actually only joined this forum with the intention of helping to sort through some of the mis-information and nonsense that was being disseminated early on, and make sure that the facts and truth got equal time. I think that I was successful too, as I believe a number of members here are thinking a little bit more realistically about motorcycles and the sport of motorcycling in general, and not just living in some weird dream world about one bike model that may or may not come to fruition.

·
Registered
528 Posts
the idea of the cbr300 was not even mine. the wife is the one who suggested it as she likes hondas.

we were ready to buy a ninja 300.

but at this point we might actually get the cb500r.

i'm not sure why everyone else is waiting because its honestly not worth it.

just get the cbr250 if you feel so inclined to buy a low cc honda motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
... i'm not sure why everyone else is waiting because its honestly not worth it...
I don't get it either... there are so many options out there. For anyone to get so wrapped up in the idea that "only this particular bike will do" seems just odd to me.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I don't get it either... there are so many options out there. For anyone to get so wrapped up in the idea that "only this particular bike will do" seems just odd to me.
For me, I still want the CBR300 to be my first NEW bike. The plan moving forward is to look at a little dual sport for the current season and perhaps next and then buying myself something brand new...

now thats not to say things wont change... submissive to everything, obligated to nothing

·
Registered
528 Posts
if i had access to some trails I'd pick up a dual sport of dirt bike and learn on one of those.

my old brother learned how to ride on a dirt bike at a very young age and is a much better rider than me today.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yup, No point waiting on it. I was waiting on it but with the delays going on, it's not worth it at all. Just move on, get something thats almost an equivalent, ride it, enjoy it, love it. Move on.

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
Just want to be sure I understand. They will produce the CBR250R for 2014 but call it a 2013?
No... In the U.S., the 2013 CBR250R model (which obviously have already been built) will continue to be available for this year, as there are adequate existing inventories of this model. In other words, there will not be a 2014 model of the CBR250R.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No... In the U.S., the 2013 CBR250R model (which obviously have already been built) will continue to be available for this year, as there are adequate existing inventories of this model. In other words, there will not be a 2014 model of the CBR250R.
Thanks for the clarification. Since I will be in the market for a bike this summer is this good or bad news? I thought the CBR250 was selling well. One year of production to cover two years of market seems like it is not selling well.

Just trying to gauge how tight the supply will be.

Thanks,

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Since I will be in the market for a bike this summer is this good or bad news? I thought the CBR250 was selling well. One year of production to cover two years of market seems like it is not selling well.

Thanks,
What other bikes have you been looking at?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very short list. After the NY Bike Show it is either the CBR 250R and CBR 500R both with ABS.

I looked at the Ninja but not as comfortable as the Honda.

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts

Thanks,
Trust me, there are plenty of 2013 CBR250R's available. They sold very well for the 2011 & 2012 model years, with sales tapering off for 2013, due in part to the release of the Kawasaki Ninja 300, but also due to the fact that so many buyers of the CBR250R had already bought them in 2011 and 2012. It's not all that unusual to see sales of a third year model taper off, especially when the first two years of worldwide sales of the CBR250R saw an exceptionally high demand for the bike.

Also, it should be fairly obvious that Honda doesn't want to release an updated version of the CBR250R (which is what the 300R is) as long as there are significant quantities of 250R's available in dealerships.

Reactions: Bozzo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Breaking news!

Heard the much anticipated CBR300R was delayed, so it could debut together with its siblings CB300F and CB300X(aka CX-01). Just joking, wish it was true thru…

21 - 39 of 39 Posts