Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please suggest a gear indicator for 2020 Honda CBR300R. I bought one on eBay from China and it did not work.
I installed it as per the instructions , when I turn ON the ignition it counts down from 6 to 1 then flashes L, and then starts to flash F. It does not flash 1 as it is supposed to do to register the gear. It just keeps flashing F. I am not sure what F means, I assume some "fault"

If someone has any ideas then I would love to hear those. I dont think I am getting any help from the seller. I also tried resetting by turning on-off 6 times (which is suppose to clear memory), but still nothing.

I have posted video on YouTube and here is the link.

Thanks!!

Gesture Finger Thumb Nail Material property
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Car

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have one of those. While it is flashing L (learn mode) start the engine in Neutral and take it through all 6 gears. It will then be programmed. If that does not work, reset the system by turning the ignition On and OFF seven consecutive times in short order. Review the following video:

Be well. Ride safe!

·
Super Moderator
402 Posts
I believe it's the angle we're seeing the display. It uses the typical figure 8 configuration that's difficult, for me, to see if not looking straight on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts