Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope the CBR300 has the digital dash dials as featured in big brother CBR500R , the old CBR250R dials are outdated . This will kill off the CBR250 sales just like the Ninja 300 killed off the 250 Ninja

·
Registered
532 Posts
I cant stand digi dashes. I like the combo of analog gauges and digi HUD. but in the interest of cost savings i suspect you're right that CBR300R is going to pilfer the cluster from big brother... Isn't that how it always works ;)

·
Registered
707 Posts
I cant stand digi dashes. I like the combo of analog gauges and digi HUD. but in the interest of cost savings i suspect you're right that CBR300R is going to pilfer the cluster from big brother... Isn't that how it always works ;)
I agree. I love having an analog RPM gauge, and the rest on a digi. No other better way to have it :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a tri colour CBR500RA and I love the digital dash , especially at night , the only thing missing is the gear presently selected icon , which it doesn't have and I am sure the 300 will not have it either .

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
This photo shows the 300R as having the same instrument cluster as the CBR250R:

I think you're going to find that the CBR300R has much more in common with the CBR250R than there are differences. The rolling chassis of the two bikes are the same. Tires, wheels, suspension, frame, handle bars, foot pegs, etc. are all the same as the CBR250R. The differences are in the body panels, and the stroked engine (which is basically the crankshaft having an increased connecting rod throw, and a shorter connecting rod), and the redesigned exhaust. We don't yet know if the throttle body was increased in size, or if Honda was able to just change the EFI fuel mapping to meet the requirements of the increased displacement.

It's pretty obvious to those of us who own the CBR250R, that Honda did not start with a clean sheet of paper for the CBR300R. What this bike is, is an evolution of the CBR250R.

Reactions: MiamiVice22

·
Registered
203 Posts
So is the instrument panel not going to be digital on the CBR300 then? If it is like the CBR250R then it seems like no. Digital dash definitely raises the price a bit. maybe they are trying to keep costs down.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I dream of the day a bike like this will get the type of digital instrument cluster you'd find on the new Ducati 1199:

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen... there is a not so small price difference between a CBR250R/300R, and a Ducati 1199 Panigale.
It's just a dream, probably like 5-7 years down the road we'll see a version of it on the lower end CBR's

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I thought they would have just gone with the digital dash surpringly its not much of a chaneg from the cbr250r then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I prefer analog. I guess I'm just old school though. Even when I use instruments, I much prefer analog to digital.

I actually thought the speedometer would bother me more, but I suppose I don't look at it enough.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I am ok with either of theme to be honest but for it being a new bike I really exoected a digital. Nothing wrong with analog though.

·
Registered
707 Posts
that cluster probably cost almost as much as the CBR250
Yup, but we can atleast get a version of it that's not as involved and simple, which is possible if they start doing it on a mass scale, in the end it won't cost that much more per bike.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
What if the new CBR300 came with a digital tach like the this?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Instrument Cluster: 2014 Honda CBR300

IMO this looks much better than the instrument cluster in the outgoing CBR250.

2014 Honda CBR300 Instrument Cluster

1 - 20 of 59 Posts