Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one seen the CBR300r Matte Black Metallic Yellow in person? do you like or dislike the color? I haven't seen the bike in person yet, and no one has it in stock yet in my area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't seen the matte black in person yet, but I have seen an all red and all black. I'm pretty sure its going to look bad ass. I wanted to deviate from the originial colors offered by Honda and special ordered the matte black. I'll take plenty of pictures of it when it comes in, estimated arrival is by the end of this month.

The review from RevZilla is using the matte black bike, and that should give you a good idea how it will look in person.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_14098374608566&key=a4ed889b788dcf7d4b489d3d77181374&libId=7ac89dcb-c1c4-43ac-9a53-fc2564199301&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbr300forum.com%2Fforum%2Fhonda-cbr300-videos%2F1697-revzilla-cbr300r-press-ride.html&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQ-Vejvx3pT8&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbr300forum.com%2Findex.php%3Fpage%3Dactive_topics&title=Revzilla%20CBR300R%20Press%20Ride%20-%20Honda%20CBR%20300%20Forum&txt=2015%20Honda%20CBR300R%20Review%20at%20Revzilla.com%20

·
Registered
166 Posts
Blackmans Cycle in Pa has a matte black CBR300 with abs which is about 5 miles from my house. I am 43 and maybe that has something to do with it but I didn't like it at all and I didn't want to pay for ABS on a 300lbs bike, which all the black matte cbr300s have from talking with the salesman. I felt lucky to find a red/white/blue CBR300 without abs in Deptford NJ about 75 miles away.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Haven't seen the matte black version but all the pictures look amazing. Are you unsure if you like it or not? Because I think that it is great looking.

·
Registered
707 Posts
wow that sucks, the honda bike gods are trolling, a CBR300 in that color scheme without ABS, I know i'd be pissed too.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Blackmans Cycle in Pa has a matte black CBR300 with abs which is about 5 miles from my house. I am 43 and maybe that has something to do with it but I didn't like it at all and I didn't want to pay for ABS on a 300lbs bike, which all the black matte cbr300s have from talking with the salesman. I felt lucky to find a red/white/blue CBR300 without abs in Deptford NJ about 75 miles away.
wow that sucks, the honda bike gods are trolling, a CBR300 in that color scheme without ABS, I know i'd be pissed too.
Just to clear up any confusion, all four of the 300R color schemes are (or will be once shipped to dealers) available as non-ABS versions, as well as ABS versions in the U.S.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally, I'm not crazy about the black with yellow stripes at all, especially if they are decals. I'm living in Guatemala where most motorcycles are small and are daily drivers...similar bikes with decals and such don't hold up well over time, IMO...IF, you ride it everyday. If it's more of a weekend type bike and YOU like the color scheme...then I'd say get it. I'm coming back here in December and am definitely buying a 300...but it will probably be a red or white CB300F. If I were to get a CBR300R (and I might), I like the tri-color. None of these bikes are slated to hit Guate until October, but I'll be back in the states in two weeks so I'm looking forward to seeing them close-up. It's your $, so in the end...what you like/want (looks wise) is really the only important thing.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm a big fan of the HRC Tricolore scheme, whatever you do don't go Repsol ;):D I do like the Yellow accents over straight Red though...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just bought the black and yellow today and I love the color combo. Got myself a solid black matte helmet to go with it.

I didn't put the yellow strips on the wheels. Still deciding if I like the wheels as is or to put the strips on.

·
Premium Member
5,386 Posts
I didn't put the yellow strips on the wheels. Still deciding if I like the wheels as is or to put the strips on.
I saw one in the flesh for the first time last weekend. Personally I think they look a bit much with the rims striped as well. Good on Honda for doing something a bit outside the square tho, something they aren't really known for.

Anyways, welcome to the forum, will be interested to hear your thoughts on the bike once you've put a few miles on it.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I just bought the black and yellow today and I love the color combo. Got myself a solid black matte helmet to go with it.

Welcome and congrats as well. That's a good matching combo with the helmet and bike.

See, that's the thing... Honda gives us a choice, but it becomes so hard to decide because the bike looks great either way. :laugh:

Let us know how you enjoy it. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my bike with Two Brother Exhaust Slip-On System and to be honest, the exhaust is super loud that always get the pedestrians' attention :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's one nice slip on I was going
To going to get the same but didnt wanna wait for the release that was months away so went with the yoshi.. Makes me wish I had waited tho

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just picked up today the black/yellow one today. I saw someone who had one out on the west coast and he pulled the yellow stripes off. It leaves a shiny streak on the fuel tank.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I love the black/yellow version from what i saw online... I'm already looking for gear to go with the bike.
Just as long as you don't look too much like a power ranger when you match gear with it ;)
I personally like mixing up colors. makes you stand out more, ya know...

But as far as the black & yellow scheme, I had a chance to see it in person at the STL motorcycle show last weekend. I kinda wasn't feelin it really. Those red ones and the HRC white were so much more defining for me. And the yellow accent striping was simply a sticker. Be a lot cooler if it were paint.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts