Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just thought I'd share my experiences with the CBR300r.

So it's my first bike, I'm fresh from my licence about a month, was keen on the mt 07 but was too pricey for the wife and financial advisor. Was then thinking about a ninja 250 or 300, but even the 300 was a bit out of reach. I was about to go for a near new CBR250, 1500km for $4000 and had put a $100 deposit on it, but I was still not totally in love with it, it's look and lack of power. Then I stumbled across this used CBR300r, black, tail tidy, 8000km on the clock, and temptation got the better of me so I caved and put a deposit on her (unbeknownst to the wife). Picked it up for $4359 on road and got them To throw on a carbon yoshi and Oggy knobs.

2 and 1/2 weeks of waiting for the pain in the ass personal loan to come through and the balance transfer to arrive in their account and I got her delivered on this Thursday night where she spent the night in her new home, a single car garage with all the clutter cleared and stacked in the corner so she'd have plenty of space. Also got me some gear, shark s700 helmet, Arlen Ness sceptre jacket, draggin slix skinny type Kevlar jeans, alpinestars sp2 gloves and alpine stars ankle boots.

Friday arvo after work I took her for a quick ride just to get a feel for it, not long enought for any real impressions bar feeling like a big boy riding his bike without the training wheels on, but I did manage to get lost in neutral trying to find first at an intersection, and stalled it twice trying to hill start up into the garage.

Today (Saturday) I took it out after lunch, cruising around my local area, some twisties and wavy roads, was fun to get to know how she likes to be ridden. I found down low she was pretty docile, but when I took her up in 3rd or 4th she really started to get going, overtaking cars with ease. One minute I'm doing 80 in traffic and decide to get past the car in front, then the next minute we've overtaken everyone. She likes to go when asked, and I look forward to testing her some more (safely) tomorrow and the long weekend.

All round, I think I'm falling for her slowly :), the other half will be quite jealous of her (or me) soon I think, as there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Anyway, that's my story for now, will probably throw a few pics up when I get a chance.

Thanks for listening and look forward to talking with you all.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Nice one Dime, great first bike you got there. Good price too and it will be nicely loosened up in the bore and the gear box with 8K on the clock. Wouldnt be too bothered about the getting stuck in neutral thing, as you've prob seen in other posts it's pretty common.
Enjoy that great winter riding climate you have in Brisbane!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate. I love the feeling of riding right now, every moment seems to last longer than usual, and there is nothing on my mind but riding the bike. A great pastime which I'm sure I'll put countless hours into on and off the bike.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Enjoy taking it out, look out for cops they are everywhere this long weekend in brissy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For sure mate, I'll switch on my radar detector, get in work mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts