Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Probably a worthwhile accessory. I had the radiator on my Fireblade holed and was only aware of it when I stopped for a burger. Very embarassing parked in public with fluid squirting out of your bike. Also it takes a while to realise where it is coming from. A new Radiator for the blade is hellishly expensive but fortunately my insurance was happy to pay for it after they had inspected the bike at the dealer workshop.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not wrong guys it is stinking hot here and as of late i have not worn gear to work lately "scary..like not wearing a seatbelt".

And for the pictures i was the first local with a cbr300 so it was provided to them to sort out the guard and use my bike for the pictures for the site and then a few pics for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got mine today quailty is good.. Fitting it is a pain in the ass if you have abs!
I was hoping it would black out my radatior.. It didn't so probly wasted 150 bucks I'll keep it tho and take the radatior off and paint it black
Do you know if painting the radiator will affect cooling ?I doubt it but if anybody has please let us know.I also liked the black radguard but as you say did not black out my radiator.

plus my bike is black my jacket black helmet black usually pants shoes and my backpack is black "not intended" tempted to buy a fluro jacket

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you know if painting the radiator will affect cooling ?I doubt it but if anybody has please let us know.I also liked the black radguard but as you say did not black out my radiator.

plus my bike is black my jacket black helmet black usually pants shoes and my backpack is black "not intended" tempted to buy a fluro jacket
As long as u paint it correctly and don't block the air flow it won't effect it

·
Registered
274 Posts
I honestly tried to go the cheaper route and followed MotoMike's thread on how to do it, but after checking Home Depot, Rona, local private hardware stores and even Lowes, all I could find was that new plastic style gutter covers - nothing small or durable enough. So, I said screw it and ordered one from Rad Guard. :D

Well, I got one in the mail today and surely was quick to install it. :nerd:

It is VERY light, for those of you who care. ;)
Install took me maybe 10 minutes and it included adjusting (by maybe a 1/16 of inch) the top hanger to match the hole (they warn about that possibility in their supplied instructions). It came with padding attached, so no screwing around there. All in all it looks very well made and secure when attached.

No more fear of tailgating a car on the road! :devil: Just kidding. :D

Attachments

·
Banned
777 Posts
Painting the guard will make almost no difference in Temperature.
Painting the radiator can affect several degrees, as paint (even metallic paint) is an insulator.
Out of all the paints, black is the worst, because it converts IR, UV and visible light into heat, while white paint would reflect light rays more than absorb it.
Paint also attracts dirt, so a white radiator will look dirty quickly.

Still nothing like a stock metal radiator.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts