Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

New to the forums, so this topic could be incorrectly placed.

Anyways, I bought my cbr300r around 4 months ago and have a tad over 3,800 miles.

When I hit around 4500 rpms I get a rattling noise. I've read around and read this could be led to a gas cap issue. I'll have to play around with it. I can't seem to get the gas cap arrow to point exactly straight. Maybe that's what it is.

Also when I let go of the throttle, I get a croaky noise. Kinda sounds like a frog croaking. That's the best way I can think to describe it.

This bikes super solid. I love it. I believe these problems are easy fixes

If it helps, I've done my 600 mile service. I noticed it before and after that service. Dealer said bike was solid. Guess they didn't hear the noise???

Please let me know if you guys are having this problem or if you have any potential solutions.

I'm about to just take it to the dealer.

Help please!

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
No disrespect to your issue Caleblopez but I'm wondering if we really need yet another rattle thread. It's already been well documented in previous threads and posts.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Croaking is a new sound. It's hard to duplicate these sounds on audio so one man's croaking may be another man's moaning, scraping, or rubbing. Unfortunately, if you don't use exactly the same word, you can't find previous threads and posts that talk about these weird noises coming from some bikes.

Almost guaranteed though the mechanic who looks at your bike is not going to find rogue noises. He is professionally trained to ignore and deny stuff that might cost money to fix on your bike under warranty. I have been through this with cars and bikes for many years. Mechanics don't seem to hear anything but the purr of a finely tuned engine during the warranty period.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts