Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 300r has the same gas tank as the 250r? The OEM part #'s are different, but I wasn't sure if that's because of the different pain colors.
The reason for this question is I would like to put on a leather bra instead of the normal Gas Tank pad/rubber. They make the bra for the 250r but not for the 300r yet. I can't wait for some specific 300r aftermarket parts start becoming more available, at least here in the U.S.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Does anyone know if the 300r has the same gas tank as the 250r? The OEM part #'s are different, but I wasn't sure if that's because of the different pain colors.
The reason for this question is I would like to put on a leather bra instead of the normal Gas Tank pad/rubber. They make the bra for the 250r but not for the 300r yet. I can't wait for some specific 300r aftermarket parts start becoming more available, at least here in the U.S.
One way to find out... try the one made for the CBR250R and see how it fits. As Dripkit said, the shape of the fuel tanks are slightly different. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the bra for the 250R fits the 300R as well.

Reactions: mikal

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
The tanks are def a different shape, I remember sitting on the 300 for the first time when I upgraded and thinking 'this looks and feels different'. I think it was all part of the re-styling to make the 300 like more like a bigger bike than it is.
Like Motomike said tho, you will probably find the differences are slight enough for your accessory to still fit.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They have different shapes. Look at the angles of the tank below where it meets the plastic.
Yah I am just looking at a Honda Parts List and the curve lines they show aren't as distinct as they are on the 300r.
The bra I've seen is made of Neoprene I think also. So it might definitely stretch larger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts