Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed in a few posts people saying the 300 can't do a wheelie or the 500 can barely. Myself, I have gotten the front end up a few times, a couple on purpose and a couple not on purpose. I saw this video and just thought it as cool. I looked closely and this 300r seems to have a stock rear sprocket(36t), obviously, can't tell about the front. I can't quite make out if he takes off in 1st THEN pops the clutch and hits the gas while still in 1st to pull the wheelie? or he is shifting into 2nd, popping the clutch, gassing it, and pulling the wheelie? But it is a nice looking wheelie for a 300 :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiF8vzvIbtQ

Another cool video, Ninja 300 vs cbr250r. The first race the Ninja woops the cbr by what seems like 1/2 mile, but when the riders switch bikes the Ninja still wins, but the distance has greatly narrowed. Just proves how the rider, shift points, and possible body weight(although they look the same weight) comes into play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGGbFdEwhuo

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's too much wok to pop a wheelie on these small motor. I would be more afraid coming back down because the suspension is to crappy for me, lol. My other bike pop wheelies from 1st to 4th gear just from ripping the throttle but my other bike has about 900cc more and killer Ohlins suspension. Now stopies are a different story, i would like to see that on these little bike.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've noticed in a few posts people saying the 300 can't do a wheelie or the 500 can barely. Myself, I have gotten the front end up a few times, a couple on purpose and a couple not on purpose. I saw this video and just thought it as cool. I looked closely and this 300r seems to have a stock rear sprocket(36t), obviously, can't tell about the front. I can't quite make out if he takes off in 1st THEN pops the clutch and hits the gas while still in 1st to pull the wheelie? or he is shifting into 2nd, popping the clutch, gassing it, and pulling the wheelie? But it is a nice looking wheelie for a 300 :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiF8vzvIbtQ

Another cool video, Ninja 300 vs cbr250r. The first race the Ninja woops the cbr by what seems like 1/2 mile, but when the riders switch bikes the Ninja still wins, but the distance has greatly narrowed. Just proves how the rider, shift points, and possible body weight(although they look the same weight) comes into play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGGbFdEwhuo
The song on that wheelie video is horrribbbbbble, could have gone the rest of my life without hearing that again. I remember when it came out it was getting massive radio play and my brother bought the album and would play it all the time. Never liked the offspring, pop punk is so annoying. They're right up there with green day.

That was way off topic sorry, cool videos I tried clutch ups a few times and couldn't do them, I got a little scared and didn't wanna fry my clutch so I just stopped attempting them. The guy in the video looks like he has em down. I never tried in first gear though...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The only wheelie that impresses me is the power wheelie, especially those performed by TT and MotoGP nutters while still cranked over. Awesome.

Clutched wheelies are no more impressive than those I used to do on a pushbike when I was ten, and about as graceless ;)

The same goes for drifting. A finely-executed, high-speed drift in a race car that's teetering on the very edge of disaster, as the driver tries to balance power with maximum acceleration and a good lap time, is impressive to watch. Likewise the incredible antics of WRC drivers as they flick-flack at 100mph with drystone walls on one side, and 100ft of fresh air on the other. The stuff I see at drifting events (or in late-night industrial areas) bores the mammaries off me. Meh.

Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha you guys are too funny. Forgive my lack of Motorcycle lingo, but what is Clutch-up/Clutch wheelies? Is that like I tried to explain, where he is in like 1st gear, then pulls the clutch in, revs the throttle, and then pops the clutch out while still in 1st gear?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Isn't it amazing that some riders find even two wheels touching the ground too many? Is a unimotorcycle the next thing?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Haha you guys are too funny. Forgive my lack of Motorcycle lingo, but what is Clutch-up/Clutch wheelies? Is that like I tried to explain, where he is in like 1st gear, then pulls the clutch in, revs the throttle, and then pops the clutch out while still in 1st gear?
Yes. It doesn't have to be first gear though, in many cases an engine won't be able to just lift the front end by twisting the throttle, it will require you using the clutch to help it get started. In my opinion it requires more skill than a simple power wheelie......anyone can just twist the throttle and hold on.......

the harder the bike is to wheelie the more impressive it is. Dirtbike? Not impressed. This guy however...... awesome. God reds-necks are sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGKKCwSfPNc

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes. It doesn't have to be first gear though, in many cases an engine won't be able to just lift the front end by twisting the throttle, it will require you using the clutch to help it get started. In my opinion it requires more skill than a simple power wheelie......anyone can just twist the throttle and hold on.......

the harder the bike is to wheelie the more impressive it is. Dirtbike? Not impressed. This guy however...... awesome. God reds-necks are sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGKKCwSfPNc

Oh yah dirt bikes are real easy to pop in all the low gears. That's why a lot of trick bikes really lower their sprockets. I never tried a wheelie like this on my 300 but it's easy to pull 1 from a complete stop. Dump the clutch and throttle it.
Yah in that video he pulls it really nice and smooth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts