Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm thinking about going to a 15T sprocket in front and would be installing myself. Looks like a piece of cake, but something I'm not sure about is if I'll need to loosen the rear axle to get slack in the chain to do the job... any insight on this?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Howdy, yup you absolutely do need to bring the axle right forward in the swing arm slot as far as you can to help you sneak the chain off the 14T sprocket. With the larger diameter of the 15T sprocket you dont have as much clearance in there to get the chain over the sprocket teeth so I think from memory I found it easiest to kind of pull the chain towards you as much as the frame rails allow, slip the new sprocket into the chain and then try and get the two back on to the splined shaft as one if that makes any sense? Good luck!

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is one of my future upgrades too and it would be nice to have some one produce a decent how to swap on video. The UTube videos I've seen are pretty amateurish.
When I did mine I used DaBinChe's video as a guide:

It's not pro level camera work or editing but for a single camera setup honestly it's not bad.

If you want something a bit more "pro" with different camera angles and stuff, then use this RockyMountainATV video as a visual guide of what the process looks like from different angles and adapt the instructions to follow what DaBinChe does:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts