Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of times now I've taken my pillion seat off for whatever reason, put it back on then got a few miles down the road only to either hear it banging around or feel it moving around as it wasn't secured properly.

I feel lucky to have noticed in time before it blew/fell off as I would rather spend my money on booze and dirty magazines than a new pillion seat. :D

The catch seems to have a fair bit of slop in it and needs a good amount of positive down pressure to make it click in securely.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I would rather spend my money on booze and dirty magazines than a new pillion seat.

Now thats what I call...taking the situation in hand! Good advice BYW.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This has happened to me way too many times

I open it everyday to get the garage door opener, and I'll show up to work and find it unlatched even though I swear I closed it

Now one of my precheck rituals is trying to pop it open with my fingers. If it stays shut I'm good to ride

·
Registered
96 Posts
I noticed this with my Pillion Delete cover. I have a roll of safety wire and a safety wire tool from doing the frame-off resto on my old `98 YZ250 so I may just wire the cover so it doesn't fall off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts