Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding chicken strips. I think my bike will have them very pronounced. 99.9% of our roads are straight.
The very few country roads that have curves tend to have leaves, gravel, sand stuff and I don't dare to go too fast. Or...should I ride number 8s in a parking lot quickly?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Regarding chicken strips. I think my bike will have them very pronounced. 99.9% of our roads are straight.
The very few country roads that have curves tend to have leaves, gravel, sand stuff and I don't dare to go too fast. Or...should I ride number 8s in a parking lot quickly?
Same here. Before I picked up the 300, I looked at a 250R on Craigslist that a guy used purely for commuting to work. Tires were practically squared off from 99% highway miles. I have about an inch of strip on both sides and it doesn't bother me a lick. I'll get out there when I'm good and ready! Although this idea of figure 8's is an intriguing one...

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Forget the figure 8's Michael...here is what you could do....:devil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBbf1yD-YBY

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Naa not me . I respected my hard earned stuff that I bought. Same with the 69 Camaro Z/28 that I had restored. People said.."Take it out and burn it" I never did...

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
there will be a quiet spot somewhere,
to ride circles.. just ride the circle..

probably the best general practice
in a limited space, together with
very slow riding [slow walking pace]..

figure 8's are a variation of the circle..
or just go around both ways
over and over again..

your riding skills are the real key,
not chicken strips, esp for everyday
riding and on todays contoured tyres..

even [just] ten minutes
riding your circle, with good focus,
watching thru it as you go around
will influence general riding skills
[balance, vision, smoothness etc]
and, use more of those tyres...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I prefer not to worry about chicken strips otherwise it may become more of a distraction. Riding comfortably and safely within my limits is the utmost concern.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I think we had the chicken strip discussion a while ago when someone suggested that you shouldn't be upgrading from the 300 unless you had no chicken strips front and rear!

If that's the case then I'm stuck with this bike for life by the looks! :laugh:

Reactions: jkautz

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I think we had the chicken strip discussion a while ago when someone suggested that you shouldn't be upgrading from the 300 unless you had no chicken strips front and rear!

Sounds like a good plan to me...after all you have put alot of time/energy/love into it. Keep it.....:nerd:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

I jumped the gun in that case...

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me...after all you have put alot of time/energy/love into it. Keep it.....:nerd:
Your right but I know myself well enough, easily lured by the next hot thing :D

I jumped the gun in that case...
Hows your chicken strips lookin on the RR Fanatic?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Does anyone with stock tires NOT have chicken strips? My bike starts to skip and slide out before I get down that far. My strips are 1/2" with no squaring off, but I've always had some chicken strips even on sticky and high-quality tires.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Stock tyres, first tank of fuel on the brand new bike, wear to the edge of the tread. Still got maybe 10mm tops till the sidewall should be able to get there once i'm used to the bike.

edit - past the tread on the left hand turns, nowhere near it on the right hand turns

1 - 17 of 17 Posts