Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do wonder how the oil starvation occurred though?
That's a really good question...if some passage elsewhere was blocked, putting in new parts is only addressing the symptom and not the actual problem. Im not really sure how to determine if oil passages are blocked though...

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's possible previous owner ran it low on oil. Probable given the way people dont check such things thee days.
Blowing air through a line is a good way to check for blockages. Do have an air compressor in your garage?
Yep, i've got an air compressor...i just dont know where any of the likely (ie tight) oil passages would be. I found a handful of tiny holes in the piston, but they were all clear...

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Yep, i've got an air compressor...i just dont know where any of the likely (ie tight) oil passages would be. I found a handful of tiny holes in the piston, but they were all clear...
I'd image the cylinder lubrication would be coming from underneath (crank area) via spray or splash rather than being fed through any holes you may find in the piston. But, unlike yourself, I've never taken one to bits so dont take that as word.

Airhead may be able to back me up on this, depends how charitable he's feeling Lol.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'll agree with you again KIWI. I've had plenty of experiences tearing things apart. But my re-assembly skills are hit-and-miss.. Mostly miss. I can somehow manage to mess up a simple LEGO project. I'm always in awe of anyone who can read about, observe, and think through the processes involved in an extensive repair. If Lightningfrog27 took all his parts and piled them in the corner, unassembled, I'd still be impressed with what he's done. I keep thinking he's going to somehow draft our personal accounts for sharing his experience and expense. We'll see. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts