Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is George Herter and I have mild Cerebral-Palsy which affects the grasp of my right hand. Currently, I have an un-modified Honda Wave with an auto-clutch(think Honda Passport of the 1970's in the U.S.). I can hit the front brake but it would be a whole lot safer if I could move the brake to the left side.

Also, that bike isn't U.S. road legal so I want to move up to a U.S. Honda 300-CB-F which is road legal and can maintain highway speeds(The Wave, while fun, gets interesting/scary at about 50MPH).

I have a guy who can build me a special brake/clutch combo lever for the 300F...but he heeds to know "
The distance from the pivot pin to the center of the cable nipple on the original clutch lever." Any help you guys can give me with this dimension would be amazing. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
greetings george - my bike is in for repairs,
but honda dealers would let you take measurements, etc..

out of curiosity, what principles will you use
for combined clutch and front brake control?

great example of perceiving a difficulty as
a challenge, rather than a barrier..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My clutch

greetings george - my bike is in for repairs,
but honda dealers would let you take measurements, etc..

out of curiosity, what principles will you use
for combined clutch and front brake control?

great example of perceiving a difficulty as
a challenge, rather than a barrier..
There is a lever that they manufacture which is really two levers in one. The top one which is shorter controls the front brake. The lower longer one controls the clutch. They can be pulled independently of course. Here is some more info... K-2 Lever - Dual Brake or Clutch System.
e
I live in Mexico where the CB300F isn't sold but I'm buying it in the states. Plus I'm not entirely sure I understand what measurement they need. The dealer I called today didn't have that bike in stock but I will call another dealer in the morning to see if they can help. Regardless, I want to get the part so I'm ready to go and I would love some more input just to double check things. Thanks so much for the help!

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
I have a guy who can build me a special brake/clutch combo lever for the 300F...but he heeds to know "[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]The distance from the pivot pin to the center of the cable nipple on the original clutch lever." Any help you guys can give me with this dimension would be amazing. Thank you so much!
Hi George, you don't seem to have got any 300F owner reponses so I've measured up the clutch lever holder on my 300R which I'm 99% sure is the same as the F model.
Your looking at just over 30mm or 1 1/4" from the center of the pivot bolt to the nipple on the end of the cable that locks into the clutch lever. Hope this helps, all the best with your mods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts