Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a coffman shorty exhaust for about 3 months of my 5 month ownership of my 300f. Sounds great with silencer, sounds better without silencer but recently a part on the inside of the exhaust has started rattling :\ , will look into contacting coffman exhaust systems soon.

i now have 3 known rattles. The exhaust rattle, i have the rear seat cowl it rattles slightly (doesn't seem to fit flush like the seat does) and the sound off the exhaust has always drowned it out. last is the dealer license plate frame that i rarely hear as well and have been too lazy to remove. (just waiting to get yoshimura fender eliminator)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Your bike looks bad arse in that photo, fender eliminator will make it even more so.
Ah yes, it seems these 300's sure like to shake, rattle and roll :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
So glad to see this post. I seen the Coffmans shorty on ebay today, and it's exactly the exhaust I've been after for size/sound and looks. The gold end is definitely my choice as well, plus it will match my bike. How it it for heat compared to the chrome stock exhaust?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So glad to see this post. I seen the Coffmans shorty on ebay today, and it's exactly the exhaust I've been after for size/sound and looks. The gold end is definitely my choice as well, plus it will match my bike. How it it for heat compared to the chrome stock exhaust?
Forewarning If your ears are sensitive I would keep the silencer in. As for heat its still an exhaust so take caution, but because it's smaller sits lower I never really feel the heat from it ever. it's functional as well less weight you can feel it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Forewarning If your ears are sensitive I would keep the silencer in. As for heat its still an exhaust so take caution, but because it's smaller sits lower I never really feel the heat from it ever. it's functional as well less weight you can feel it.
I think I want loud! But if it turns out too loud I will put it back in. Was it pretty easy to install?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I want loud! But if it turns out too loud I will put it back in. Was it pretty easy to install?
yea its really easy, the hardest thing on my installation was taking off the stock exhaust muffler, the clamp bolt was torqued way to tight, and i ended up breaking the bolt, so if want to put it back i will need to find a new clamp. Also i skipped the step of drilling a hole into the exhaust pipe for the safety pin if the coffman clamp should ever fail the tip wont fall off. But the clamp seems well built and does not look like it would ever give way.

·
Registered
129 Posts
yea its really easy, the hardest thing on my installation was taking off the stock exhaust muffler, the clamp bolt was torqued way to tight, and i ended up breaking the bolt, so if want to put it back i will need to find a new clamp. Also i skipped the step of drilling a hole into the exhaust pipe for the safety pin if the coffman clamp should ever fail the tip wont fall off. But the clamp seems well built and does not look like it would ever give way.

Thanks for the info man!

·
Registered
487 Posts
yea its really easy, the hardest thing on my installation was taking off the stock exhaust muffler, the clamp bolt was torqued way to tight, and i ended up breaking the bolt, so if want to put it back i will need to find a new clamp.
Funny same thing happened to me with the clamp bolt being too tight. What happened was that it was too tight and caused the bolt to bend in the nut so the treads don't line up anymore thus not able to spin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts