Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds awesome! I'm afraid it would be too loud with my neighbors!
Thanks man! It's not too bad. You cant hear the bike inside my house with the garage doors closed so I figure the neighbors would hear it even less. I modded the exhaust a little bit, I covered the DB Killer in muffler packing. Honestly it sounds the same to me, maybe someone else can tell the difference? I don't have a DB meter so I cant really test anything.

https://youtu.be/CkrDUiPh-uU

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it does, also sounds like a Honda lawnmower at idle. I didn't think it sounded like a dirt bike until I pulled up next to a husqvarna in traffic the other day, we were messin around just revving at each other and our bikes sounded exactly the same!

I think a lot of people like me are in denial because it's their first bike and single cylinders don't sound "cool" or whatever, but there's no gettin around that single cylinder dirt bike sound. I got over it haha.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the last 5 seconds of the video almost gave me a heart attack
Oh yeah sorry it looks kinda crazy cause of the fish eye effect, makes the space between cars seem more narrow. Right after all that madness was 20 minutes of empty car pool lane so I cut it out. It was enough time for my heart rate to settle. The 5 freeway is nuts during rush hour!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Added one to my bike after a lot of youtube browsing. The bike can sound like a dirt bike to some. Especially in that 1st and 2nd gear. I feel like the sound has changed after some time riding. Seemed a lot louder on the initial install. Now a bit more mellow after a month and has a really nice sound when downshifting.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Added one to my bike after a lot of youtube browsing. The bike can sound like a dirt bike to some. Especially in that 1st and 2nd gear. I feel like the sound has changed after some time riding. Seemed a lot louder on the initial install. Now a bit more mellow after a month and has a really nice sound when downshifting.
Yeah the downshifting is what I missed the most after removing it. It sounded really badass!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts