Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hey all. I have the CBR 300r SE black and yellow ride. I have added the yellow rim decals and also added yellow "honda" decals on the bottom of the body. I love the extra sharpness they've added.

Now I'm going to put on a black and yellow honda gas tank pad, thinking of getting yellow/gold short clutch/brake levers, and even thinking on a black tinted windscreen. Heck even thinking of going with the aftermarket two brothers exhaust for it because....yes...it's black and yellow.

Think I'm going overboard or do you all enjoy the crisp look of color matching accessories and parts?

Feel free to share pics of your color matching goodness.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly all Honda Cbr's have the Honda decals at the bottom, and i like that look. No clue why the special edition bike doesn't, but I felt it was lonely without it. I think I made a good choice putting them on as well.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
I think a tinted screen would look pretty cool and compliment your look, but I'm not so sure about adding any more yellow. Might be a bit much IMO.
But hey I'm 45 yrs old! :laugh:

·
Registered
352 Posts
do a quick search, which you may have already done, for complimentary colors. Anything goes with black, but not everything will go with yellow and black. I think, if you continue to add color, you should consider a red (it is Honda's signature color after all) or maybe a blue, or even a white somewhere.

Just my two cents, since you asked. I got a red body, with the yellow decals and a white HONDA at the bottom... I love it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think, if you continue to add color, you should consider a red (it is Honda's signature color after all)
I think you might be right about some red. ill keep that in mind

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do you guys feel a gold visor would match with this color? I have the same bike and am deciding between a smoky visor and this gold one
Thats Badda$$!
Ive never seen a gold visor, i think that would look great. I was going to order a black visor but now you got me thinking Gold! you should go for it!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered the short gold clutch and brake levers today, with black adjusters. Also gold bar ends with the "CBR" logo on them. Can't wait to get them on. Once my parts are in and on, I'll post pics.

Next on the list is a Black windscreen and a fender eliminator and maybe integrated signal light mirrors, then I'll be able to sleep at night again.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'm all for creativity and for what floats one's boat. :angel:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took my tank pad off. After staring at it blankly and upon further thought, I didn't like the style or look. The sticky back was brutal, peeling after 1 day. Was not liking the 3d look/feel. I like my tank being just black. Think I'll order a smaller black one maybe with some cool design on it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the stubby gold brake and clutch levers put on. They're way more comfy than the big 'ol stock ones. Love the color too. Never realized how simple they were to install too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Got the stubby gold brake and clutch levers put on. They're way more comfy than the big 'ol stock ones. Love the color too. Never realized how simple they were to install too.
Lookin' good... Just make sure they don't get jacked when you go into the hood (ghetto). :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Nice one, color suits your bike. Look way sharper.
The OEM ones look like they came out of the Honda spare parts bin labeled '1970's' IMO :laugh:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lookin' good... Just make sure they don't get jacked when you go into the hood (ghetto). :laugh:
Lmao.... Ya no doubt, some wannabe gangster will melt them down and make golden grills (teeth) out of them!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice one, color suits your bike. Look way sharper.
The OEM ones look like they came out of the Honda spare parts bin labeled '1970's' IMO :laugh:
Too true! Lmao. the aftermarket ones feel a little floppy or loose though. Think I will add a spacer or washer to tighten them up

1 - 20 of 62 Posts