Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a lot of fun fixing up ( and making videos about) my cbr300r...but am starting to think about selling it.

Can you guys recommend some additional minor maintenance tasks that I should figure out and make videos of before I cash out?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a lot of fun fixing up ( and making videos about) my cbr300r...but am starting to think about selling it.

Can you guys recommend some additional minor maintenance tasks that I should figure out and make videos of before I cash out?
Will you be getting another bike? If so what?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure yet...ever since COVID I haven't gone out much at all, and it feels bad seeing the bike collect dust.

If I did get another, I'd probably want a 600. Maybe an R6? I previously owned an FZR 600, and I liked it a lot, but I really didn't like the carbs.

Maybe I can find another project bike? Hopefully something less than 5 years old, EFI, 600ish cc, sport bike, and relatively popular so I can have an easy time finding parts, and people that would want to watch the how-to videos 😂

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure yet...ever since COVID I haven't gone out much at all, and it feels bad seeing the bike collect dust.

If I did get another, I'd probably want a 600. Maybe an R6? I previously owned an FZR 600, and I liked it a lot, but I really didn't like the carbs.

Maybe I can find another project bike? Hopefully something less than 5 years old, EFI, 600ish cc, sport bike, and relatively popular so I can have an easy time finding parts, and people that would want to watch the how-to videos 😂
There are quite a few of us who moved to Ninja 400 or Z400 (me) - nearly twice the horsepower, much more torque, and a similar weight. I love mine, and I know Kiwi Rider does too - he did the same. You can find us both over on the Z400 forum, as well as here: Kawasaki Z400 Forum

I have now bought another CB300F and it is a great little bike - and much better than my Z400 for 2-up communting. The passenger "seat" on the Z400 is a wee bit small! Horses for courses - there truly is no all purpose bike. For me the weight of the bike is key. I swapped to a Versys 650 for a while - just too big and heavy for me...

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are quite a few of us who moved to Ninja 400 or Z400 (me) - nearly twice the horsepower, much more torque, and a similar weight. I love mine, and I know Kiwi Rider does too - he did the same. You can find us both over on the Z400 forum, as well as here: Kawasaki Z400 Forum

I have now bought another CB300F and it is a great little bike - and much better than my Z400 for 2-up communting. The passenger "seat" on the Z400 is a wee bit small! Horses for courses - there truly is no all purpose bike. For me the weight of the bike is key. I swapped to a Versys 650 for a while - just too big and heavy for me...
R3 is another nice bike as well, around town, Honda 300 torque and brakes rock.

·
Registered
67 Posts
R3 is another nice bike as well, around town, Honda 300 torque and brakes rock.

Yes, or the MT-03 if you prefer the upright naked style - a good power upgrade over the CBR/F and now a few years old and plenty available secondhand - at least where I am.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes, or the MT-03 if you prefer the upright naked style - a good power upgrade over the CBR/F and now a few years old and plenty available secondhand - at least where I am.
Agreed on the benefits of the MT-03. It's dressed up sister, the R3 has been around since 2015. But the US only got it's first look at the MT-03 in 2020. So, used models may be a tad difficult for a while longer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You're describing the SV650 to a T. :)
I'd probably go with the SFV650. Although... did they change it back to the SV650 naming? But yeah I agree that this would be the next logical step or maybe a GSXF600 Katana though I think they discontinued this model... Sorry not super up to date on the Suzuki models.

You can't do a stroker kit since the 300 is already a stroked 250 (+8mm). But maybe a Big Bore, though I haven't seen any for the 300 (there's +8mm BBK's for the 250 to bring it up to 305cc) and it also seems like it would make it a grenade just waiting to explode your engine to go +8mm on both bore and stroke. Maybe a +2 bore to bring the 286cc up to 300cc but at this point what's the point?

My next for sure is going to be a CRF450L and I was dreaming of doing a bore and stroke on it to get it to 501 but I've heard of people doing that on their 450R/X's but it seems hella sketchy and too vibraty.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'd probably go with the SFV650. Although... did they change it back to the SV650 naming? But yeah I agree that this would be the next logical step or maybe a GSXF600 Katana though I think they discontinued this model... Sorry not super up to date on the Suzuki models.
You're good. (y) Yes, the SFV is in that ~<5 year-old range that lightning specified. And yep, they killed the SFV ("Gladius") and returned the SV, but the Gladius and third generation SV are quite similar so either might work for a Youtube project bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe a a 301cc with some head work?
Ari Henning is still supplying a piston assembly and gaskets. A solid 20+ lb/ft to the wheel might be just the awesome you need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts