Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks comfortable, I'm not sure how it would help keep you away from the tank though.
I bought a cheap pad for my 300f and ended up taking it off, didn't help and once I went back to riding without it the pain I had with everyday riding pretty much went away. Don't know if that's just getting used to it or the pad was worse for me...
Anyway, if the seat would keep me from sliding into the tank that would be huge! Constantly pulling wedgies out in traffic is not fun...kinda pricey though

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah I constantly push myself back from the tank. I was thinking about having the stocker redone and adding foam up front to prevent the forward slide. It appears this Corbin has a flat spot at the back that may keep you more stationary. I have 2 Corbin seats for my other rides, both of which are outstanding quality. They are pricey but I may add this to the list of upgrades to come.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I sometimes push back so that I am sitting against the riser for the rear seat, but it extends my arms so much it feels awkward. I'm glad there is at least an option for the bike though, I couldn't find much other than pads

·
Registered
263 Posts
The stock seat can be leveled easy-I added three 1/4" sticky felt pads to the bottom of the seat on each side where it touches the frame in the front- now the seat tang seats on top of the tank a zip tie fixed the seat front- Honda even added two holes on the tank flange that worked perfect-I fabed a few plastic stripes to fill in the gap on the front side of the seat-if you didn't know what I did you cannot see the diffenence- no more sliding into the tank

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stock seat can be leveled easy-I added three 1/4" sticky felt pads to the bottom of the seat on each side where it touches the frame in the front- now the seat tang seats on top of the tank a zip tie fixed the seat front- Honda even added two holes on the tank flange that worked perfect-I fabed a few plastic stripes to fill in the gap on the front side of the seat-if you didn't know what I did you cannot see the diffenence- no more sliding into the tank
Any chance of pictures?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Motoboy, I know what you mean. I have just recently figured out how to make a call OUT on my flip phone. :) You seem a likely candidate for a club I joined long ago... the TCCA. That would be the ever popular and growing "Technically Challenged Club of America". Don't let the "A" bother you though, we're open to all parts and regions known, and unknown. We do not discriminate! Just send me your name, address, credit card numbers, etc., and I'll be glad to forward that info to the powers that be for full membership consideration... Oh, and be sure to let me know your credit card's expiration.. and that "security number thing" on the back of the card would really help speed up your application. :devil:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
bear in mind ergos are inter-related, ie, what one part of your body does will effect other parts,, eg, if your pelvis is tilted back [imagine leaning back on a chopper] your testicles are exposed forward toward the tank, and sliding forward more likely,, whereas for a racing type position pelvis tilts forward, thus your jewels are taken back protected by thighs..

where and how feet/legs relate to pegs etc determines how you control where your hips/pelvis sits and moves or not.. eg, raising pegs slightly up and back enhances the 'better' slightly racing position..

almost anyone will develop various riding habits, from the start, which can be good or better or otherwise.. yoshi plates will help take weight off the seat and give better grip of feet on pegs, taking hips/butt towards rear seat stop,, aside from any refinements of positioning..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sounds like it is worth a try. I am going to look into fiddling the seat on my F when the weather sends me indoors.
Another method I might try is to add material of some kind under the stock seat foam. If that is doable, it will be reversible if necessary, as opposed to the cut and paste method.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I am 6’5” with a long torso and arms. I don’t know what you guys are talking about.

On a related note, anyone know how to move the pillion cushion back a few inches? :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am 6’5” with a long torso and arms. I don’t know what you guys are talking about.

On a related note, anyone know how to move the pillion cushion back a few inches? :)
If your not using the rear seat much remove the cover the padding in the front can be trimmed down a good inch-or do like I did removed the cover altogether and mount a trunk bag on the seat base

·
Registered
391 Posts
...do like I did removed the cover altogether and mount a trunk bag on the seat base
I don’t use the pillion seat at all, so I have thought about doing just that. Looks like a new seat would be about $80, so cheaper than a rack, even if I put it back to original later. It’s only a minor quibble, though, so hard to muster the energy to actually do anything about it.

As for seat comfort in general, I’m with the previous poster who said they bought a pad, but eventually stopped using it. I did the same, but now I can put in all-day rides OK without it. The Corbin looks nice, but I just can’t see spending that much seat money on a bike that you’re not touring on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As for seat comfort in general, I’m with the previous poster who said they bought a pad, but eventually stopped using it. I did the same, but now I can put in all-day rides OK without it. The Corbin looks nice, but I just can’t see spending that much seat money on a bike that you’re not touring on.
I think most of my pain came from it being my first bike and riding it at least 2 hours a day. Went for a month and half or so before I took the pad off, and as soon as I did I stopped noticing the pain in my tailbone and glutes. Most likely just needed to get used to being on the bike. I'll be honest though it got to the point of me questioning if I should be riding a motorcycle, even though I love it, it was just brutal at the end of a ride.
Now it's just the normal feeling of being on a bike for over an hour haha

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
I did a ton of touring on my CBR, was one of the better seats I've had on a bike. A lot of bigger bikes I owned previously were worse (notably Ducati 750 - shocker) and my current Ninja 400 is not as comfy as the CBR.
So you could do worse! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Agreed. It is not a terrible seat for a stocker, I've had MUCH worse. I have done a couple, 3-4 hour days in the saddle since I got her and I wouldn't have even considered that on my 1100. Either way, I am always in pursuit of more comfort and I know Corbin's are comfortable, quality seats. As soon as I improve the front end I will probably give the Corbin a shot.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
for long rides, pull over for a leak, coffee and - a nice stretch -
if chasing the clock, take off 15 mins earlier..

while in the saddle, dont just sit there as if strapped into a car [!]
rather, move around even slightly, taking your weight off contact points such as 'sitting bones' and muscle or tissues taking your weight..
even if chasing the long line you can still move from head/neck thru arms shoulders torso back butt thighs legs to feet/toes..
changing position includes stretching leg forward and back [even resting on pillion pegs], lifting knee, moving feet at ankles, standing up on pegs [moves all major joints incl spine].. so easy..

do head checks, as normal riding practice.. even alone on a road still do head checks, with eyes to front.. all cornering and curves look thru corner, lead with head and face,, slightly moving 'everything' from wrists/hands/fingers thru back and hips/pelvis [into curve] sliding - thus regularly unloading sitting bones slightly over seat - also changing angles [stress points] of hip/knee/ankle joints..

basically, if a joint or body part hurts after being held over time, thats brain saying "move me please".. just as it causes you to move and roll over in sleep.. ie, natural response to pressure points over time..

without doubt,, whatever your personal preferences for riding etc, incorporating or allowing or learning simple whole body movements as part of your ride will make riding better, more comfortable..
additional to; adjusting controls, peg height, riding gear or seats..

·
Registered
359 Posts
I did a ton of touring on my CBR, was one of the better seats I've had on a bike. A lot of bigger bikes I owned previously were worse (notably Ducati 750 - shocker) and my current Ninja 400 is not as comfy as the CBR.
So you could do worse! :D

I also find my CBR seat very comfortable. My previous ride was a 650 Deauville tourer, very comfortable with a king/queen seat, but the CBR is much better than this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts