Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had a chance to ride with a friend out to one of the few winding country roads in Northern Illinois. He said he wanted to see some footage so I went ahead and created a video. Thought I'd share it here.

https://youtu.be/G09fLQidevY

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Great video..Thanks very much. Is that a 600 Katana he is riding?

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Cool clip, looks like your both enjoying yourselves on good country roads with nice scenery and low traffic volumes.

I've always been a firm believer in each to their own and all that but it made me squirm to see your buddy riding in T shirt, shorts and no gloves. Has he never come off a bike on the road yet maybe?

I only mention it because I genuinely care for his and all the guys on here's well being.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I see many riders wearing shorts and tees here, especially in Summer. I don't like it but think, well it's their skin. What bugs me is when I see some guy riding in leathers and body armour, but with his girlfriend on the back, in shorts and a tee.

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great video..Thanks very much. Is that a 600 Katana he is riding?
Yes I believe so!

Cool clip, looks like your both enjoying yourselves on good country roads with nice scenery and low traffic volumes.

I've always been a firm believer in each to their own and all that but it made me squirm to see your buddy riding in T shirt, shorts and no gloves. Has he never come off a bike on the road yet maybe?

I only mention it because I genuinely care for his and all the guys on here's well being.
Yes he is new and just got his license. He's a bit tight on funds but got the bike and the helmet for $600 (not working), replaced the battery and cleaned the carbs, put on new tires and it runs OK now. I suggested that he needs to invest in some boots and gloves next. Ideally he gets a jacket and some pants too but that might be down the road stuff if he decides to keep riding.

I see many riders wearing shorts and tees here, especially in Summer. I don't like it but think, well it's their skin. What bugs me is when I see some guy riding in leathers and body armour, but with his girlfriend on the back, in shorts and a tee.
I usually see the opposite, some dude just wearing sun glasses and the chick on the back with her black, cherry logoed, half helmet on and the straps undone lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Everybody has their own risk tolerance. I'll forego the jacket if it's a short/low speed ride. Same with gloves.

I always have a full face helmet and long pants. Sturdy shoes too, but not "riding boots"

When I was on the Honda 50, anything went. Then again, It topped out at 40mph.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks like you were having a great time, roads look sweeeeet too. No judgement each to his/her own, you will have enough advice from else where.
Keep on keepin on Bro!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts