Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went across the street to my local Honda PowerHouse this afternoon.
Apparently they have a CBR 300 demo (250 KMS ABS) there that I can purchase for discounted price $3999 (CDN) plus sales tax. No freight/PDI same price as a NON ABS Bike and a free 1 year extra warranty.

Total would be $4598 OTD Canadian dollars for a new 300 R ABS.

I wanted to pay down some of my lawyers fees first....but I may have to bite the bullet. To bad it is not tri-color that is the one I really want.

Reactions: AvroArrow

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have the tri colour, I paid £3500 for mine but we get a 2 year warranty as standard here, not sure if better or worse where you are, if its a good deal where you are go for it but think for a couple of days, if not wait a while longer, winter is coming so it will spend the next 6 months in the garage yes?, gives you another 6 months to save or sort finances out. Either way good luck with your choice.

Mark

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have the tri colour, I paid £3500 for mine but we get a 2 year warranty as standard here, not sure if better or worse where you are, if its a good deal where you are go for it but think for a couple of days, if not wait a while longer, winter is coming so it will spend the next 6 months in the garage yes?, gives you another 6 months to save or sort finances out. Either way good luck with your choice.

Mark
Thanks Mark..BTW currently 3500 BPS is $7190.00 Canadian. Price quoted me is $ 4598.00 CDN OTD which is currently 2238 BPS.

Yeah things in the UK are alot more than here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do it. You only live once����. Lots of riding left this year. You'll make the best choice for you. Good luck and if not this year....spring for sure.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'd wait it out. It may or may not be logical, but I'd rather pay a bit more to get the bike and exterior I truly want... Unless you're willing to compromise and live happily with the one they have.

At the end, it's an emotional decision more than anything else, and I can completely understand if you'd rather pull the trigger sooner than later.

Agreed with @Mark65 - if your current or upcoming season will restrict you from riding, I would just hold off and keep your patience like you have been. Your chance is not going to run away from you, that's for sure. I know it's exciting for you though.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
All in all, the fairings run pretty cheap (compared to most other bikes). Realistically, you could swap the fairings out down the road.
Good thinking I never thought of that.

Don't forget the tank..although a Red tank might look decent on the tri-color

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd wait it out. It may or may not be logical, but I'd rather pay a bit more to get the bike and exterior I truly want... Unless you're willing to compromise and live happily with the one they have.

At the end, it's an emotional decision more than anything else, and I can completely understand if you'd rather pull the trigger sooner than later.

Agreed with @Mark65 - if your current or upcoming season will restrict you from riding, I would just hold off and keep your patience like you have been. Your chance is not going to run away from you, that's for sure. I know it's exciting for you though.
I understand exactly what you are saying.. but low interest rates and free extra warranty is only good till end of this month.
In 2012 I was looking at CBR 250 and interest rates were really really low for up to 60 months. ($80/month) and my wife said "No". For a long time I kicked myself for not doing what I wanted.
I will ponder it over.. but I'm afraid that this offer will not be repeated.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I understand exactly what you are saying.. but low interest rates and free extra warranty is only good till end of this month.
In 2012 I was looking at CBR 250 and interest rates were really really low for up to 60 months. ($80/month) and my wife said "No". For a long time I kicked myself for not doing what I wanted.
I will ponder it over.. but I'm afraid that this offer will not be repeated.
In that case...

Attachments

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
^^^ +1 What Fanatic said!

Whoop whoop! big news Laurie, cant believe I missed your post earlier :D

Here's five reasons why you should go for it...

1. You've done the research, it appears to be your chosen one.

2. Its a hot deal. 4,600 CDN = 5,200 NZD. Retail here is $7000 minus ABS

3. You've still got at least two months of good riding weather and according to Wiki Nova Scotia is the warmest province in Canada.

4. The CBR300R is a great little machine and so say all of us!

5. Cos life really is too short and there's no one saying 'No' this time round.

Hey whats the very worst that can happen mate, you find its not to your liking and end up selling it and losing a little on it. Is that gonna eat you up as much as not going for it?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All very good points Kiwi (Al) and everyone. $3999 for a new (ish) CBR 300 along with ABS plus an extra warranty and no Freight/PDI charge is a awesome deal. The new Tri-Color 300 R is $ 900 more total when all said and done. ($5403)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
All very good points Kiwi (Al) and everyone. $3999 for a new (ish) CBR 300 along with ABS plus an extra warranty and no Freight/PDI charge is a awesome deal. The new Tri-Color 300 R is $ 900 more total when all said and done. ($5403)
If you're going to stick with the bike for the long run and don't care about ABS, that Tricolor you preferred is also a good choice... The one which is slightly used (with ABS) may seem like the better deal, but at the end, I'd go with the one you'd be most happy with... Even if that means paying a bit more. The monthly payments would make the $900 a little easier to swallow. I know this doesn't have much logic to it, but the last I checked, I didn't have much logic anyway, lol. :)

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you're going to stick with the bike for the long run and don't care about ABS, that Tricolor you preferred is also a good choice... The one which is slightly used (with ABS) may seem like the better deal, but at the end, I'd go with the one you'd be most happy with... Even if that means paying a bit more. The monthly payments would make the $900 a little easier to swallow. I know this doesn't have much logic to it, but the last I checked, I didn't have much logic anyway, lol. :)
Thanks Fanatic....Actually ALL Tri-Color 300's in Canada come with ABS.. so both 300's (demo and new tri-color have it) but on the demo the ABS is free..and it is discounted an extra $700 (Same as non ABS 300R). Long and short is same bike but Tri-Color paint is about $900 more.

Now how bad do I want Tri-Color..that is the question.. BTW...Did your 300 R have ABS?

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
ALL Tri-Color 300's in Canada come with ABS.. so both 300's (demo and new tri-color have it) but on the demo the ABS is free..and it is discounted an extra $700 (Same as non ABS 300R). Long and short is same bike but Tri-Color paint is about $900 more.

Now how bad do I want Tri-Color..that is the question..
It's only $300 for each color! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
KIWI..That is very very true. I did not think if it that way..:)

Well..took the Demo (Red) 300 R (ABS) out for a spin after lunch. Only the 2nd time I ever rode one,,first time was in July at Honda's "Come Ride with Us" event. I have read so many reviews/thoughts on the Wee BR that I can't see the problem with some peoples nick/picks.

1-Vibration... sure there is a little above 110 KMS but really...not very much(IMHO). If you get numb bum after 2 hours perhaps you should take a break any way. At my age I'm sure I will need one sooner. (30 minutes?!)

[email protected] 100 KMS I opened the throttle and in a short time I was doing 140 plus KMS (still in 6th gear) so why all the hoopla on having to "plan your pass". The bike pulls the same as my car in 5th gear (overdrive). I do not have an issue with power of this Bike. But boy that muffler sure gets hot..holy smokes.

Over all a nice little fun bike to ride....:) Now to find out how much extra insurance will be..

Reactions: Ravinoth

·
Registered
274 Posts
Now to find out how much extra insurance will be..
In my experience, the major players (TD Insurance, RBC, etc) were a lot more expensive (like double) than motorcycle specific ones, even with their multi-line discount.
The cheapest I ever got quoted on CBR300 was $315 a year full coverage. You are older, so yours should be even cheaper!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks Fanatic....Actually ALL Tri-Color 300's in Canada come with ABS.. so both 300's (demo and new tri-color have it) but on the demo the ABS is free..and it is discounted an extra $700 (Same as non ABS 300R). Long and short is same bike but Tri-Color paint is about $900 more.

Now how bad do I want Tri-Color..that is the question.. BTW...Did your 300 R have ABS?
I went without ABS on the 300.

Where's my popcorn?? This is exciting - Btw, this thread is worthless without pics, lol!

(Balls on your court to choose the exterior color / price difference)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Tricolour was my first choice, but would have been happy with red as my second choice.

Buy a Tricolour tank and fairing side panels when funds permit and then sell the red tank and side panels to recoup some money?

I think the red nose cone / cowl will look good and make it a bit unique perhaps?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In my experience, the major players (TD Insurance, RBC, etc) were a lot more expensive (like double) than motorcycle specific ones, even with their multi-line discount.
The cheapest I ever got quoted on CBR300 was $315 a year full coverage. You are older, so yours should be even cheaper!
Would you mind telling me your age..and who you are with? My quote with my Company was $375....:eek: More than you!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts