Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So long story short, I have philosophical objections about the right-wing in the US being the only ones armed, so I'm in the process of obtaining my permit to carry and becoming proficient with a gun. This certainly isn't my culture, but one Youtube video of a channel we were referred to caught my eye... Because it's a red CB300F committing the crime! Yes? No?

This is said to take place in South America. The rider pulls up alongside the parked vehicle and flashes a revolver at the driver, who cooperates and proceeds to give the guy his watch and wallet..

·
Premium Member
5,455 Posts
They have a lot of weird models down there around that 200cc range. A couple of things make me think no he's not 'one of us' (lol). The silver fork legs and the rise of the bars and the colour of the bars.

South America is a pretty bad ass place at times and life can be cheap. I spent a year travelling around there in 2000/2001 but luckily the worst I had pulled on me was a knife. I did meet a guy who had a gun pulled on him and he gave the guy his stuff and lived to tell the tale. I think I would do that too rather than try and be the fastest gun slinger in the west. Your chances of getting a bullet in you go way up in that situation.
It's a shame we even need to consider these risks. :confused:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They have a lot of weird models down there around that 200cc range. A couple of things make me think no he's not 'one of us' (lol). The silver fork legs and the rise of the bars and the colour of the bars.
Yeah. I saw the bars and figured those are easily changed, but then the forks and also headlight fascia seem off. Prob some other small displacement bike, you're right.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You've been around and active with the Forum since 2016 and should have seen enough of Zeke's post to know this post is one of the rare few times he's voicing an opinion. Either way, the post is in the correct area of "General Discussion" which generally applies to things not directly dealing with motorcycles. We all have biases and opinions. It's just a fact. But it's a shame we're such a divided society as to assume everything is political. It's really not. It's just a motorcycle Forum.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Im glad to hear that Zeke,

In the final analysis we are all responsible for our own personal protection. And it is true that often if you hand over your stuff to the mugger they will still kill you because you have seen his face and could identify him to the cops.

Because when seconds matter the police are just minutes away

1 - 6 of 6 Posts