Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I purchased the DanMoto carbon GP full header back exhaust kit. I researched it a lot and for the price $179 the stainless steel header pipe alone was worth the money. I received it within 1 week from China. Well packaged. I expected everything to be bigger lol. It installed perfectly. Everything lined up like it was a stock exhaust. Only small issue is that I used a new header copper ring gasket and not really thinking and researching before I did it, I torqued the header nuts down to OEM specs. Mistake! Like all aftermarket headers the flange is much thinner than the OEM Steel flange. Also with a new crush washer torquing it to OEM specs slightly warped the flange. Bent in where the nuts go over the studs. But since it was a new gasket and a perfect fit, it's all good. So 1st test and not 1 single leak anywhere. I used the old cigarette smoke method to check at the header gasket, midpipe clamp and the can spring connection. Idling it has a very deep throaty tone, I love it. Now once I took it for a ride I could not believe how F****** loud it is! It has a very nice sound and a very very nice decelerating sound. It is a straight through pipe with no db killer. My old Musarri had a permanent DB killer installed. As soon as I opened her up I couldn't believe the instant increase in power? It climbs through the revs very fast. I know it's BS to say an exhaust system adds a lot of HP to these engines. But between the weight savings and all my mods? It was extremely noticeable to me. I give this full exhaust kit a big Thumbs up! for only $179.
Very nice tig welds ..real 12k woven Carbon fiber(doesn't get hot at all)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
WOW! That looks much better than I anticipated. I may have to re-think my exhaust options.... Good Stuff!

BTW Where did you get that rim tape..it pops on those rims.... Thanks...

Forgot to mention..there is a baffle (DB Killer) available on the DanMoto international site...

Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW! That looks much better than I anticipated. I may have to re-think my exhaust options.... Good Stuff!

BTW Where did you get that rim tape..it pops on those rims.... Thanks...

Forgot to mention..there is a baffle (DB Killer) available on the DanMoto international site...
Rim tape on ebay. If you dont mind waiting a month get it from china. 4 strips per wheel..16 strips total for like $2. If you buy from people in the U.S. they charge $20+ and its the same stuff. Yah the db killer is only $8 and slides right in at the end of the midpipe and the can. But everywhere I read that people put it on eventually took it out because it dulled it too much and took away the deep tone. If you want loud..this is very loud. But also controllable if passing a cop lol

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Looks good mate, a similar size to my old LV GP corsa.
Yep I bet it's loud, I'd probably hate it! :laugh:

Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
353 Posts
Looks bloody good

Shisoshin, It looks like the O2 sensor is there in the last pic although i can't see the socket to fit it on the website pics

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good mate, a similar size to my old LV GP corsa.
Yep I bet it's loud, I'd probably hate it! :laugh:
Quite loud. But I am very obnoxious like that. You should hear my Vette when I turn the header dropouts on lol.
I did however just order the DB Killer for it just in case it's ever needed :)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Mikal.. Any chance in getting a video to hear the exhaust at idle and pulling away? :)
Funny thing I just asked my friend who is coming over later this week do video me. My main purpose was so I could hear how loud it sounds from way way down the road lol. I will post soon

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks mikal for the post!.. I was looking at this exhaust for my wifes CBR300R and its looks great!...
It is such a perfect fit I could not believe it. The steel is very good quality too. Extremely light system. I have been in contact with their China support tech quite often before I got it, during installation, and some questions after installation and they have been great. They answer immediately, no language barrier at all and they are extremely knowledgeable about the system and the bike it applies to

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Mikal... Wondering if you thought about just using the elbow and use your stock header pipe from the kit.?.. As I am wondering if Dan modified the angle of the header pipe to properly angle the exhaust CAN with their elbow?

Thanks Mikal!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Mikal... Wondering if you thought about just using the elbow and use your stock header pipe from the kit.?.. As I am wondering if Dan modified the angle of the header pipe to properly angle the exhaust CAN with their elbow?

Thanks Mikal!
I don't understand what you mean? I purposely bought this system so that I would have a complete header down stainless steel pipe. The Dan moto pipe is almost exactly the shape of the stock header with the exception the DanMoto pipe actually has smoother bends(better flow). The exhaust can imo lines up perfectly with the lines of the bike and the exhaust hanger.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Mikal... Does you 300 R sound like this......:) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCHYL-XWqxw

Now THIS reminds me of the old 2 strokes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aybryQZHa3U
This is a 250r with only the DanMoto GP slip on..not the full system. This is all I heard before I bought the system and all I can share right now. I will make a video this weekend tho. In person I can relate to the video now but being a 300 with the larger header and (not sure about him) my k&n air filter which does make a slight difference in exhaust sound...this is the closest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYeYNHsGKqY
Usually I get at least 1-2 people a day commenting on my bike, since the exhaust I get thumbs up, nice comments at *Mcdonalds (lol) and even a heads up from a Hyabusa at a light. What I have noticed considerably is with my old exhaust which had a built in DB Killer and a removable one (which I never used) is that when I would get to around 8k rpms I could feel the engine not really wanting to go higher. Almost felt like I was always looking at the tach. waiting for 8-9k to shift. Now it is just so 'free' its at 10K rpms and I'm not even looking yet. I'm not sitting here saying oh this is magic or blah blah but funny thing is now..I take off in 1st gear and bring it up to 9k rpm and shift fast into 2nd, but not dump it...and it actually lifts the front tire off the ground..a good 2 inches I'd say. I never experienced that on the stock exhaust or on the Musarri exhaust. As you can see I have lightened the bike quite a bit too..trying to keep up with Kiwi haha

*about 10 biker friends meet up at McDonalds every morning for coffee and BS about our bikes lol

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
This is a 250r with only the DanMoto GP slip on..not the full system. This is all I heard before I bought the system and all I can share right now. I will make a video this weekend tho. In person I can relate to the video now but being a 300 with the larger header and (not sure about him) my k&n air filter which does make a slight difference in exhaust sound...this is the closest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYeYNHsGKqY
Usually I get at least 1-2 people a day commenting on my bike, since the exhaust I get thumbs up, nice comments at *Mcdonalds (lol) and even a heads up from a Hyabusa at a light. What I have noticed considerably is with my old exhaust which had a built in DB Killer and a removable one (which I never used) is that when I would get to around 8k rpms I could feel the engine not really wanting to go higher. Almost felt like I was always looking at the tach. waiting for 8-9k to shift. Now it is just so 'free' its at 10K rpms and I'm not even looking yet. I'm not sitting here saying oh this is magic or blah blah but funny thing is now..I take off in 1st gear and bring it up to 9k rpm and shift fast into 2nd, but not dump it...and it actually lifts the front tire off the ground..a good 2 inches I'd say. I never experienced that on the stock exhaust or on the Musarri exhaust. As you can see I have lightened the bike quite a bit too..trying to keep up with Kiwi haha

*about 10 biker friends meet up at McDonalds every morning for coffee and BS about our bikes lol
What a great write up about your Danmoto..thanks..:)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts