Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an old post (forget who the user was), he had the EJK controller installed at no cost. He said he was the first cbr300 owner to ever have it done. He was super impressed with it. I've been researching their product and comparing to other products it looks great. Very simple install too, just piggybacking the fuel injector basically. You can uninstall the O2 sensor if you want. Maybe in the future for that. I'll see how it runs with just the fuel controller first.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool I was looking at it too but couldn't find any reviews or anything regarding how it actually performs. Update us when you get it running.
I researched it A LOT, as I do with everything I purchase. There is someone in this group 'Tilac' who has it installed on his bike. Actually he was the base demo model for the controller on our 300's. He was able to have it installed for free and the settings that come on it are actually his settings. He loves it. I have read many other threads,posts and youtube videos of other bikes (Kawa, Harleys) that also love it. It is based on a different technology than the PCIII, PCV, Bazzaz. The owner of EJK use to work at Dynojet and helped engineer their Controller. If you read their site the other controllers use a system called Alpha-N. That technology is becoming outdated. I know some people will still swear by it, but technology does improve. I have been corresponding with their head Engineer via emails for about a month now before purchasing it. They are extremely helpful and respond immediately. So I felt very comfortable purchasing from them. They also offer discounts for Vets/Military and for forum members, this forum included. They also guarantee it if I feel it does not work on my bike or help improve my issues. So, I will definitely be updating the group as I go.
Btw there is no Computer/PC needed to adjust the Controller. There are no Maps to upload and try to find that are specific to your mods. It is a very simple LED pad that lets you actually adjust the A/F ratio's on the fly, while riding. Another great feature like the PCFC has is an accelerator pump option. It just makes riding a bit more fun. I am not looking to gain HP out of it I am just looking to clean up some flat spots in my mid rpm range, my startup idle and throttle response.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I just installed the EJK Controller. Very simple install took maybe 1 hour. I did the body panels very slowly so as not to break or scratch anything. Removal of the gas tank wasn't necessary.
I started it up and saw all the LED lights blink in the correct order showing it was connected correctly. So I went for my 1st ride. Immediately noticed a big difference. Throttle response was immediate. When I gave it the usual amount of throttle as I did before the controller, it felt like I cranked the he11 out of it instead. So I have to remember it's very touchy now. I was having an issue in 1st gear where if I stayed in 1st and climbed through the revs up to 7-8000 the bike would kind of hesitate or feel jumpy. Kind of like going over bumps in the road. With the controller it was a totally smooth rise all the way up. Next issue I use to have was when cruising at 4000rpms in any gear and then accelerating I would hit a flat spot for a second or 2 before the bike really start moving. That issue is now totally gone. Instant throttle control and instant acceleration. The last issue I had which I never really thought was an issue, was I had the popping and grumble upon deceleration especially below 4000rpm. As a motorhead I kinda liked that. Now that is gone as well. Not 1 popping sound, it sounds like an exhaust should. I even can tell a difference in the exhaust note/sound. Also I can smell a difference in the exhaust. NO I didn't get up and sniff the pipe! :laugh: but I can tell there is more of a burnt fuel smell to it.
It's getting a bit dark here already so I'll mess around with some settings tomorrow to see if I can fine tune it. It can be re-tuned on the fly while running or even while riding. Next thing to take note of is my fuel economy. So in my definite opinion well worth the $200 and 1 hour install.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I can't say I've noticed any apparent fuelling issues with my 300, not that I'm paying attention really. For sure, there are no noticeable 'gaps' or hesitations anywhere. Did these issues arise after you changed the exhaust and/or air filter, or were they present before?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I can't say I've noticed any apparent fuelling issues with my 300, not that I'm paying attention really. For sure, there are no noticeable 'gaps' or hesitations anywhere. Did these issues arise after you changed the exhaust and/or air filter, or were they present before?
I've done a lot of mods to it. The reasons I bought the controller tho was because I got a complete SS free flowing shorty exhaust (totally open pipe from header to can) and a K&N air filter. Plugged the pair valve, removed the O2 sensor and put a bung plug in the aftermarket header.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Sounds like you got a good result there mikal, i'm sure your pleased.
Not bad for 200 bucks eh :D

Reactions: mikal

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
I read an old post (forget who the user was), he had the EJK controller installed at no cost. He said he was the first cbr300 owner to ever have it done. He was super impressed with it. I've been researching their product and comparing to other products it looks great. Very simple install too, just piggybacking the fuel injector basically. You can uninstall the O2 sensor if you want. Maybe in the future for that. I'll see how it runs with just the fuel controller first.
Mikal: Do you have a link to EJK controller site?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Mikal..Is this unit model unique? That is...is there a part number for the 300 R/F only?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wondering if you don't have the O2 sensor hooked up anymore if you could use a full exhaust system made for a cbr250. It definitely opens up your options, I know akrapovic makes a SS head pipe, you could match it to a cbr250 slip on and have a decent exhaust system, if you ever get tired of that loud pipe you have.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Wondering if you don't have the O2 sensor hooked up anymore if you could use a full exhaust system made for a cbr250. It definitely opens up your options, I know akrapovic makes a SS head pipe, you could match it to a cbr250 slip on and have a decent exhaust system, if you ever get tired of that loud pipe you have.
I have a full Stainless Steel System.
The real only reason I bought the DanMoto system is because it was a Full System. I was searching for a Stainless Steel header pipe just by itself and they were all $$ and the outlet sizes always varied. So for the price I paid for this I got the Header pipe which is really nice plus the rest of the system. It is very loud but I like it. It has a real Carbon Fiber wrapped can and barely gets warm. It was a perfect fit and I think it looks pretty good. I have a Musarri slip-on that's barely used but it wasn't much louder than stock. After removing the Musarri and putting on the DanMoto system I instantly felt the 'freeness'! The Musarri has a little baffle already installed inside it, welded in plus they gave me a removable one as well. It really stifled the engine.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Mikal, this might be the answer that I was looking for (higher mid range power). I'll defiantly contact them to see what they have to say.
It definitely works great. If you decide to buy it from them they give a $25 discount to military/vets and motorcycle forum users. So you give them your username and this forums website link.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It definitely works great. If you decide to buy it from them they give a $25 discount to military/vets and motorcycle forum users. So you give them your username and this forums website link.
Actually that is the reason for this thread. They had to have proof that there was a conversation on their product and that I made the statement like the Title of this thread in order to get the discount. Does that count as spamming?:angel:

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you decide on purchasing it.. email them with this forum website address, your username and a link to this thread. You will get $25 off discount
mikal thank you for posting about the $25 discount , i emailed and they send me a code. i ordered it and fast shipping i already received it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts