Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally received a response from Delkevic USA about their plans to release an exhaust system for the CBR300/CB300F

They have no short term or long term plans to make an exhaust system. :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Honestly the cbr250r exhaust fits with minimal work and there are other exhausts out for the 300. While it's not the best news it certainly isnt anything to be that upset over. But still..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not saying you're upset. Just stating that while its bs its not too big of a deal cause thankfully we have other options at the moment

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Finally received a response from Delkevic USA about their plans to release an exhaust system for the CBR300/CB300F

They have no short term or long term plans to make an exhaust system. :(
As a Delkevic owner and fan I am some what disappointed at their attitude.
All they needed to do was design a slightly different linking pipe and you could use all of their CBR250R slip ons.
8" round shorty, 9",14" and 18" oval, 13" tri-oval. Carbon Fiber or Stainless steel options. Link below:

Search

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a Delkevic owner and fan I am some what disappointed at their attitude.
All they needed to do was design a slightly different linking pipe and you could use all of their CBR250R slip ons.
8" round shorty, 9",14" and 18" oval, 13" tri-oval. Carbon Fiber or Stainless steel options. Link below:

Search
The Delkevic's are lighter than stock and pretty quiet, which is why I want that one over other brands.

If the mid-pipe is the only thing stopping me I think I'll check to see how much it would cost for a custom mid-pipe so I can use one of their 18" cans. It's can't be all that expensive...at least I hope not.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly the cbr250r exhaust fits with minimal work and there are other exhausts out for the 300. While it's not the best news it certainly isnt anything to be that upset over. But still..
Not saying you're upset. Just stating that while its bs its not too big of a deal cause thankfully we have other options at the moment
I hear ya :)...but if I wanted to manually modify my exhaust so it would fit, I'd buy an FMF (Have never had an FMF that fit my bikes properly and I hate FMF sooooo much because of their shitty attitude about putting out substandard crap)

The Yoshi and other brands I've seen/heard just aren't to my liking. I'm looking for "Lighter than stock" + "Quiet", and Delkevic seems to be the only brand that actually fits the bill. I don't care about "stealth", mind you, I just want quiet so I don't get a splitting headache from 5+ hours of the drone of the bike.

I need to find my receipts for the custom mid-pipe for my DR650 so I can get an idea how much it'd cost to make one for the 300F. I would think it can't be all that expensive for a stainless steep mid-pipe

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kientech is the company that made the Custom Mid-Pipe that allowed DR650 owners to use aftermarket or stock exhausts with the GSXR1000 silencers. I had one and it worked perfectly so I emailed Jesse at Kientech to ask how much it would cost to make a mid-pipe for the CBR300/CB300F which allows one to use the Stock (or any Aftermarket exhaust) with any of the existing CBR250 silencers without any modding.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
A good muffler repair outfit with pipe bending facilities should be able to cut and tweak the mid pipe you get with the 250 muffler to suit the 300 header. It will need to be shortened so you have enough material to play with. Would only be a labour charge.
Yes the 18" would be ideal if you want a quieter pipe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it's now November and Delkovic Australia still say they don't do an 300 pipes. Anyone found a quick way or had replies from the questions mentioned above about custom connector pipes?

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
So now that you've had it for a little while, how is it to live with? Too noisy? What about on the highway?
not at all, i love it, every moment of it, the smile it brings to my face is amazing,, i used to drive a 4.7L maserati GT, so when i sold it, i lost the enjoyment of hearing an exhaust, but now its back, i honestly could talk about it for hours, its amazing, regardless of the price im very pleased with it 100%

1 - 13 of 13 Posts