Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The red/black wire goes to a charging port on the bars. Black thing zip tied to the frame is a electrical plug to the rattle valve/pair valve controller. The block of kit came with that plug along with the rubber boot cap to cover the air box hole. Zip ties not included.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Is that the PAIR valve your blocking off there?
Yes and I didn't have to completely remove the fuel tank to install. I was able to remove every fuel tank connection except for the fuel line and hang the tank off the bars to the left side with some bungee cords. Successfully eliminated my 5k to 6k rattle sound.

· Super Moderator
5,735 Posts
Yes and I didn't have to completely remove the fuel tank to install. I was able to remove every fuel tank connection except for the fuel line and hang the tank off the bars to the left side with some bungee cords. Successfully eliminated my 5k to 6k rattle sound.
Nice work. Did you need to fit a delete plug of some sort to the valves power supply to stop the engine check light coming on? I removed the PAIR valve system on my Ninja 400 and it threw a code.
Late edit: Just re-read the bit where you said the kit came with a plug. All good.

· Super Moderator
5,735 Posts
Next thing to do is to remove the entire head light assembly and ride it around for a while. That might quell the 4.5 to 6+ k rattle. My determination is waning.
Yeah might just have to live with it. Seems like there's no issue with the bike mechanically so..

· Super Moderator
428 Posts
Are we talking about nagging spouses or bikes here? Both perhaps! :LOL:
As you may, or not, remember from a previous life of marital bliss.... I could find some comfort with a nice pair of hearing aids, but then I'd have no excuse for ignoring the background noise. There lies a trade-off I'm still pondering a solution for. ;)

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Funny replies : ) Seriously, I wear ear plugs on my commute to work and long trips. Ear plugs seem to allow the rattle to be heard even more. The foam, 32dB reduction in sound (who knows how it is measured) orange ear plugs I've been using, enhance the 4.5-7k rattle. A 32dB volume reduction in one frequency doesn't result in an equal 32dB volume reduction in a higher frequency. Ear plugs make the rattle more noticeable.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts