Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy there!

Has anyone taken the clutch out before? I see that removing the clutch center nut may be troublesome, and the honda recommended solution is tool # 07724-0050002.

The generic alternative is over $30: https://www.amazon.com/OTC-4801-Universal-Clutch-Holder/dp/B00BVL82FC

Any clever DIY solutions, or do i just need to go get one of these tools?

Thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
You're pretty handy with wood. Is there any way to slot out the center of a wooden handle/board, drill adjoining holes, and temporarily reattaching longer bolts through the board into the holes where the clutch cover is attached? You could use the clutch cover as a template as to where to drill the holes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This may or may not be the solution to your problem.... I had a free spinning nut I couldn’t get off on the GZ. I ended up borrowing an electric impact wrench. Those things are wonderful for that.... Had two of em until I sold the farm. Now I’m working on bikes again, I just might need another one.....

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just thought, there should also be a small metal tab folded over to hold the nut in place, that needs to be moved before you can loosen it.
small metal tab folded over- you just gave me a 60's flash back to all the old Honda's-not anymore like that- I think the nut is a one time deal peened over- if not this one but many are now

·
Registered
159 Posts
small metal tab folded over- you just gave me a 60's flash back to all the old Honda's-not anymore like that- I think the nut is a one time deal peened over- if not this one but many are now

I was surprised that the 2007 Suzi I worked on still had that folded tabbed washer MB.... You are right about the flashback though.... I worked on my CB175 so much, that one side of the washer broke off from being bent so much..... I just bent up the other side.... :eek:

...its kinda like the oil discussion..... I was young and stupid and broke.....and used whatever was in the garage at the time..... I'm sure mixing the different grades (for the bike and the chain) gained the bike at least 5 mph..... :D

Reactions: airhead83
1 - 7 of 7 Posts