Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

do i need fuel controller

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  JP22 
#1 ·
Hi im new to this iv got a slip on and a k&n filter would i need a fuel controller or would ecu reset work

#2 ·
No. You do not need a fuel controller or any ECU reset. Your bike will work perfectly fine since it is Fuel Injected (FI). Fuel Injection will keep the air/fuel ratio the same no matter what you exhaust or air filter you have.

#7 ·
I have a full system r77 and KN high flow filter. Mine also runs very well. According to Yoshimura their full systems are meant to be installed without any additional aftermarket ECU. They also said that the bike would absolutely benefit from an aftermarket ECU. Dynojet's PCFC is not the way to go. Bazazz is currently working on a ZFI for the 2015 cb/cbr 300. They just released a system for the 2015 cb500f. They're not far off according to their technical support. I'll be waiting for the Bazazz...They are supposed to be C.A.R.B. approved for California..

#9 ·
Do any of you guys know if you need any ecu or air/feul ratio changes when installing tyga full race exhaust system... Ive read alot about bikes running lean and damage due to keeping standard F/A settings, but dont know if that's only for carb-engines.. Please I would appreciate any advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.