Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that my gas cap doesn't seem to form a seal on my tank. Are these things supposed to have a gasket or something that forms a seal? Like, a rubber o ring that goes around it?

I was spraying some cleaner, and then I took the gas cap off and saw that some of the cleaner had spilled into the gas tank. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a better picture of the gap....I can pour water directly into the gas tank from here! This can't be right! ahhhhhhh

(edit: requires clicking to see what I'm talking about)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Nothing wrong with your gas cap, it is as it's supposed to be. There is a rubber seal on the cap... you can see it in your first photo. It seals against the raised flange (which is unpainted) on the tank opening.

Reactions: corb

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I found this picture on line for a cbr500 ....does everyone else's gas cap have this rubber lining around theirs?
CBR250R/300R/300F's don't have that rubber lip around the edge of the cap.

No worries, your gas cap is good to go. Go out for a ride for me... it's going to be quite some time before my doctor clears me to ride a motorcycle.

Reactions: corb

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man!

I'll be thinking of you next time I ride. I hope you get going soon!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
CBR250R/300R/300F's don't have that rubber lip around the edge of the cap.

No worries, your gas cap is good to go. Go out for a ride for me... it's going to be quite some time before my doctor clears me to ride a motorcycle.
no intention of stealing the thread....Hang in there Mike..we are all pulling for you. Hope you get back to riding soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts