Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Bloody heck, if they feel sticky when brand new and cold, imagine what they will be like when warmed up.

:eek:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So finally got a chance to ride these tires.
Being radials they are smoother/cushier then the stock IRC, both with 30psi f/r. With the IRC I could feel all the little irregularities now those little irregularities are hardly noticeable...in a sense the stock has more feel but that is due to the stiffer bias tires. First dozen or so miles they felt slippery by 50miles I was feeling good with them and by the end of a 160mile ride I felt almost at home with them. Once scrubbed in they didn't have any slip/looseness feel. Rode pretty easy today, by 20miles chicken strips were gone which surprised me cause I was taking it really easy during those first miles. Directional changes feels faster then stock. So far grip feels predictable. Rubber compound seems to hold up better to heat but I need to push it hard first to really see. They are very quite and smooth rolling

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
So finally got a chance to ride these tires.
Being radials they are smoother/cushier then the stock IRC, both with 30psi f/r. With the IRC I could feel all the little irregularities now those little irregularities are hardly noticeable...in a sense the stock has more feel but that is due to the stiffer bias tires. First dozen or so miles they felt slippery by 50miles I was feeling good with them and by the end of a 160mile ride I felt almost at home with them. Once scrubbed in they didn't have any slip/looseness feel. Rode pretty easy today, by 20miles chicken strips were gone which surprised me cause I was taking it really easy during those first miles. Directional changes feels faster then stock. So far grip feels predictable. Rubber compound seems to hold up better to heat but I need to push it hard first to really see. They are very quite and smooth rolling
Hey I just wanted to see how these tires are doing or did on your bike? I'm looking for a new set and found your video while searching for these. I see you liked them early on, how did they hold up? Would you recommend these over the other basic brands people get for this bike?
Thanks!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like them, but haven't put that many miles on them to see how long they last and how they perform at end of life. The grip is fantastic, handles great and gives great feel, very predictable. The two top tires for these class of bikes are the Dunlop GPR-300 and the Bridgestone S20evo. Once the dunlop wears out I'll try the bridgestone

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I like them, but haven't put that many miles on them to see how long they last and how they perform at end of life. The grip is fantastic, handles great and gives great feel, very predictable. The two top tires for these class of bikes are the Dunlop GPR-300 and the Bridgestone S20evo. Once the dunlop wears out I'll try the bridgestone
Those are the 2 tires I narrowed it down to. I can get a better deal on the s20 evo's though
Thanks!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm keen to try the Bridgestones as well, esp as Ari Henning recommends them! :D
When he did that tire shootout the Dunlops hadn't came out yet, so they are the newest rubber available and possible might be better then the Bridgestone since those were out a year or so longer.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Don't waste your money on fancy rubber,just changed my worn out Pirelli diablo rossi ii for cross ply Pirelli Angel City.
Half the price of the radials,warm up much quicker and hold the heat,stick like glue.
I think radials are over kill for our baby bikes that have very little acceleration.
The stock tyres are the only tyres that I lost traction with on dry roads.
Very dangerous for learners but fun drifting out of corners in third when you know it's going to break loose.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So now that the tires are off, a review is in order. Can't remember exactly how many miles it had when these tires were put on, somewhere between 3500-4000 miles. Lasted till 5675miles so about 2000miles. Seems like not much but these were very aggressive, mostly (80%+) twisty miles. Stock IRC only lasted 3.5k miles, less aggressive cause of lack of grip but also didn't have suspension mods at the beginning. Grip is fantastic, good feel, very predictable. Every once in a while the rear brakes loose from aggressive downshifts or gravel/loose causes a quick slide (front or rear or both) and it is very controlled and predictable. Lean in feels good, same with braking, so basically these tires are very confidence inspiring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So now that the tires are off, a review is in order. Can't remember exactly how many miles it had when these tires were put on, somewhere between 3500-4000 miles. Lasted till 5675miles so about 2000miles. Seems like not much but these were very aggressive, mostly (80%+) twisty miles. Stock IRC only lasted 3.5k miles, less aggressive cause of lack of grip but also didn't have suspension mods at the beginning. Grip is fantastic, good feel, very predictable. Every once in a while the rear brakes loose from aggressive downshifts or gravel/loose causes a quick slide (front or rear or both) and it is very controlled and predictable. Lean in feels good, same with braking, so basically these tires are very confidence inspiring.
DaBinChe, could you comment on the relative value of changing the tires vs. upgrading the suspension? Which would make the bike feel more planted and comfortable? I'll likely end up changing both anyway. (Eventually - the riding season is ending here.)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
some cbr300r rear tyres, [dennis kirk and pirelli] in lb;

bridgestone battlax bto90r ...10.2
bridgestone battlax s2r evo ..10.8
continental conti attack ........11.4
pirelli sport demons .............12.77
michelin power rs ................13.25
kendo k671 ........................13.5
michelin pilot street .............13.75
avon spirit ..........................14.5
michelin pilot activ ...............15

thats only weight, and only from two sites..
still, for the weight conscious, it shows

a wide range of options for cbr300r..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts