Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

How Long Do You Plan On Owning Your Bike?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • How long do you see yourself owning your 300?
  • Also, how many miles do you plan on racking up per year?

I'm taking it one year at a time and likely over 10k miles per year...

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Did 9,000km last year on my 250R so expect similar. I dont commute on it.
Reckon I will have it at least a year or two.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I didn't see a choice for Never.

A motorcycle is not something I get rid of, it is not like a wife or a girl friend.
I have found that every bike has something it does exceptionally well and when you buy a new bike you always focus on what the new bike does better to make up for your loss of your favorite attribute about the bike you sold. Motorcycles are relatively cheap compared to cars and they don't take up much space. Besides, there is nothing better than be able to have a choice on what to ride today instead of having to use the same machine no matter the weather, task or destination.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

A motorcycle is not something I get rid of, it is not like a wife or a girl friend.
I have found that every bike has something it does exceptionally well and when you buy a new bike you always focus on what the new bike does better to make up for your loss of your favorite attribute about the bike you sold. Motorcycles are relatively cheap compared to cars and they don't take up much space. Besides, there is nothing better than be able to have a choice on what to ride today instead of having to use the same machine no matter the weather, task or destination.
Ironically, I'd prefer to keep the same wife around (especially since she's a good one!) Having two kids and being with my one and only wife for close to 10 years and counting, I refuse to give up! :laugh:

The bike? To each his own. And I'll take your advice and try to keep this one around too, especially since I witness the inspiration of your loyalty within the number of bikes which are behind the scenes in your posted images.

Requesting @MotoMike to kindly add 'Never' as a fifth option on the poll for you and others... ;)

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts

So if you don't have plans to, or ever see yourself selling your CBR300R, just click the More Than 5 Years button.

Ironically, I'd prefer to keep the same wife around (especially since she's a good one!) Having two kids and being with my one and only wife for close to 10 years and counting, I refuse to give up! :laugh:

The bike? To each his own. And I'll take your advice and try to keep this one around too, especially since I witness the inspiration of your loyalty within the number of bikes which are behind the scenes in your posted images.

Requesting @MotoMike to kindly add 'Never' as a fifth option on the poll for you and others... ;)
Actually as a poll option, 'Never' doesn't really work for your poll... adding 'Never' as a poll option would only make sense if the the title of the thread and the poll question were changed as well, to something like "When Do You Plan On Selling Your Bike?"

Reactions: Fanatic

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the update, Mike. Should be in good shape. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had originally thought I might get rid of this bike once I gained some experience and confidence on the road using two wheels. Then I realized this is my first motorcycle ever and that I should keep this around for as long as I can, as a memento. Like Jkilla said, its nice to have a choice. And also I figure I can use it to introduce others to the thrill. They could learn on my bike, or I could pass it on to a family member if I desired. There is just too many uses for a great bike and I think we should take advantage of as many as we can.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BuMp for more views and votes.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I trade in a bike on a new one at least one bike a year, but I may keep this longer since I like it so much. I rode 30,000 miles last year. It's what I do. I live in Texas where we ride year around, plus I'm retired with time on my hands. I only have 2200 miles on the CB300, but I have 3 other motorcycles I also ride. My next bike will be the Yamaha r3.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I trade in a bike on a new one at least one bike a year, but I may keep this longer since I like it so much. I rode 30,000 miles last year. It's what I do. I live in Texas where we ride year around, plus I'm retired with time on my hands. I only have 2200 miles on the CB300, but I have 3 other motorcycles I also ride. My next bike will be the Yamaha r3.
Boy, you get a good amount of usage in a short amount of time.

On a side note: Let us know how you like the R3 when you come around to it eventually...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts