Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have started to get my nerd on and look at a piggyback (unlikely) or aftermarket ecu where I can adjust both fuel and spark. So far I have been unable to find one that does both. Is there one out there or is it possibly too early since the bike has been released for one to be out yet. I tuned my old fast cars from scratch and figured it would be fun to see what benefit if much at all I could get out of my cbr300r stock and with each preceeding mod.

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
yeah I'd imagine it would hard to find aftermarket parts for a CBR330R

As rare as rocking horse sh1t! :laugh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Sell the CBR300R, and get a new Yamaha R3... you'll be money and performance ahead of the game. There is nothing you can possibly do to that 286cc single that will give you significant gains in power. The CBR300R (and the CB300F) "is what it is". Don't get me wrong, I'm not diss-ing the 300R. It is a fine bike for what Honda intended it to be. That said, you could literally spend thousands of dollars chasing every last fraction of a single HP, and in the end not even come close to what a box stock R3 will give you right off the showroom floor.

There's a golden rule when it comes to performance: It's always cheaper and a whole lot easier to buy more horsepower and performance off of the showroom floor, than it is to try and add it after the fact.

Reactions: snackjack

·
Registered
178 Posts
your right Motomike i dont really know why people want to play around with these 300s They are very well made already, What it is you got guys here that just should have just bought a faster bike in the beginning. Dont try to make a 300 go like a 500 just buy the 500 instead. Its like modifing a ford 302 to go like a 351. Just get the bigger engine to start with.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's about customization, putting your personal stamp on an item, and wringing every little bit out of a vehicle. Making it "all it can be".

It's a heck of a rabbit hole though and you can follow it a long way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As long as you don't have high hopes for anything. I don't see any harm in modding the crap out of a 300 or 250. I have my 500 that is modded and I have the 300 which I am unsure about. I like the bike for what is and mods might come in the future but for now the bike in stock form is more than capable for my needs. if anything needs attention Performance will address the tires and brakes first since they need it

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
It's about customization, putting your personal stamp on an item, and wringing every little bit out of a vehicle. Making it "all it can be".

It's a heck of a rabbit hole though and you can follow it a long way.
It definitely can be. A few guys have spent as much in mods on their 250R's as what they originally paid for the bike new... one guy has something over $12,000 in total wrapped up in his CBR250R, which to be fair a couple thousand of that was just for a Troy Lee custom paint job. To each their own. Personally, I wouldn't drop that kind of cash on modifications to a small bike. Only thing I've done to my 250R is bolting on a $350 FMF Apex Carbon Fiber slip-on, and that was for better appearance and sound...

DSC_0101.JPG

To brannyb's point, there are the obvious "necessary" things that one will need to do sooner or later, like tire replacement. Whether you wait until the stock tires are used up, or plan on replacing them soon after getting the bike, there's nothing wrong with upgrading to better performing tires, which for most bikes is the single biggest bang for the buck in terms of what can be done to improve the overall performance capability of the machine.

Reactions: crazyjackcsa

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also to jump back on topic of fprogs. I wasn't aware of any for the 300 out yet unless the ones from the 250 swap over. Does anyone know If the ecu matches up the same?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This has nothing to do with getting bulk power out of a cbr300 and more to do with getting my nerd fix and tuning the bike from scratch. If I am learning to tune a motorcycle then a single cylinder efi bike is an ideal learning tool. Not a fan of people going down the "get a bigger bike path" I see in every thread everytime some poor guy asks about performance mods So can this thread please stay on topic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Like I Mentioned you will probably have to see if the 250 ecu and fprogs are compatible being that it is a bit early for aftermarket support for this bike. But with the recent explosion in "300cc" small bikes I'm pretty sure the support will come with time. Look up the power commander fprog for the 250r I believe it is listed for the 300 on the site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts