Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I have this 2016 cbr 300r I had gotten as a project with a blown motor. I rebuilt a lot of new parts and put it back into the bike, now it doesn’t start :( I’ve got spark checking the spark plug off the bike and boosting it it backfires very loud so have fuel and spark and sure sounds like I have compression. I assumed timing and reset all my cams and everything but I’m thinking I maybe did something wrong but if anyone can think of anything please let me know, thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,596 Posts
If you've got good spark and compression with the correct timing then that leaves fueling. Can you smell fuel after cranking? No restrictions in the airbox?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you've got good spark and compression with the correct timing then that leaves fueling. Can you smell fuel after cranking? No restrictions in the airbox?
[/QUOT I have spark forsure and I can smell fuel and make it backfire so I have fuel, the timing I set the cams with the lines inline with the cylinder head with the piston just past tdc and the most I can make it do is backfire that’s why I’m confused here, thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
5,596 Posts
The backfiring does hint at a timing issue. I've never pulled a CBR single down so I'm not familiar with the reassembly process in detail sorry but it may be best to recheck everything, as painful as it is to do so

·
Registered
79 Posts
I probably wont be much help troubleshooting, but i did rebuild my engine a couple years ago and made several videos about it. Maybe you can find some hints based on what's different between what i did and what you did?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts