Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CBR300R
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Making my first oh crap post.... Started my bike up today let it warm up while getting ready and when I sat on and gave the slightest hint of throttle my bike decided to die :( In the past 2 weeks I did put on a slip on exhaust, lovely little thing I might add, but after the initial stalling and restarting the bike seemed to drive the best its done since putting on the exhaust. The slip on is an Ixil L3XB and the bike is a 15 CBR300R if that makes a difference in this situation from the CB300F. So with all that said, is any of that cause for concern or am I just paranoid? Sometime in the next few months I do plan to get the EJK I've read so much about as well, seems like a worthwhile investment. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
68 Posts
There could be many causes of this - a bit of bad fuel, random event in the universe, etc. If this stall has happened to you only once I would do nothing,

A personal experience that may be of help: My old CBR250R (same engine) used to be delicate to rev from tickover from cold and could easily stall at first "blip", then, after this being the case for many months I started getting rattle/ticking noises from the engine. Fairly soon it became apparent that it needed a new cam chain tensioner, so I replaced that (super easy to do) and voila the cold stall when revved issue was solved too... I don't really understand why, but that's what happened.

·
Registered
2015 CBR300R
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There could be many causes of this - a bit of bad fuel, random event in the universe, etc. If this stall has happened to you only once I would do nothing,

A personal experience that may be of help: My old CBR250R (same engine) used to be delicate to rev from tickover from cold and could easily stall at first "blip", then, after this being the case for many months I started getting rattle/ticking noises from the engine. Fairly soon it became apparent that it needed a new cam chain tensioner, so I replaced that (super easy to do) and voila the cold stall when revved issue was solved too... I don't really understand why, but that's what happened.
Cool deal! I'll keep an eye on it and if it never happens again woot if it continues then I'll investigate. After the many starts and stops during my journey yesterday it happened the one time so who knows! Lets go with random event in the universe! haha :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts