Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nice job LF!!!.... I especially like the little motorstand you built. I redid a GZ250 and just blocked up the sides of the motor.... what a pain when it slipped... Clamping areas on that motorstand were also a great idea!!
Thanks for the videos.....and the tips.

Reactions: lightningfrog27

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job LF!!!.... I especially like the little motorstand you built. I redid a GZ250 and just blocked up the sides of the motor.... what a pain when it slipped... Clamping areas on that motorstand were also a great idea!!
Thanks for the videos.....and the tips.
Very well made video.
I was going to say well done, as I have before. But, I'm afraid he'll start sending us a bill for his expertise.
Man...thank you guys so much for the encouraging words...It seriously means a lot to me, and never gets old. :D

Honestly though...this is my first time taking apart a vehicle engine. I'm just figuring it out as i go, and making videos to share what i learn along the way...and maybe provide some context for me to review when i try to put this all back together lol. Might also attract an actual expert who might call me out when i make a major error, so maybe it will save my bacon in the long run?

Either way, if i can get some fake-internet-points, and leave something to help future owners with their own DIY maintenance....counts as a win in my book.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Man...thank you guys so much for the encouraging words...It seriously means a lot to me, and never gets old. :D

Honestly though...this is my first time taking apart a vehicle engine. I'm just figuring it out as i go, and making videos to share what i learn along the way...and maybe provide some context for me to review when i try to put this all back together lol. Might also attract an actual expert who might call me out when i make a major error, so maybe it will save my bacon in the long run?

Either way, if i can get some fake-internet-points, and leave something to help future owners with their own DIY maintenance....counts as a win in my book.
When I used to do motors, I kept a pad of paper next to the workbench and wrote down wiring diagrams and bolt lengths etc..... I’ve done two since the iPhone era and just took a bunch of pictures of everything..... so much easier!!

Unfortunately all my motor rebuilds have been out of necessity and I did a huge mind-flush after each one, so I won’t be much help.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts